Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Cruise control and engine brakes stopped working?? - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Cruise control and engine brakes stopped working?? (/showthread.php?tid=1073)

Pages: 1 2

Cruise control and engine brakes stopped working?? - jimeneztrans84 - 10-29-2016

I have the cruise control and engine brake switches on my steering wheel. Truck is a 2011 kw t660 and they stopped turning on all of a sudden. Even my city horn doesn't work. Any thoughts? I looked at fuses but none of them say steering wheel, cruise control, engine brake.

RE: Cruise control and engine brakes stopped working?? - jimeneztrans84 - 10-29-2016

Unilevers said hog ring behind steering wheel. Thanks

RE: Cruise control and engine brakes stopped working?? - joed2323 - 10-29-2016

Clock spring is the correct terminology???

Generally this controls everything on your smart wheel

RE: Cruise control and engine brakes stopped working?? - jimeneztrans84 - 10-29-2016

Yeah that's slang. Lol.. $225 from freightliner or $470 from kenworth.. damn thiefs!! Is it pretty easy to install? Or needs a trick? Getting ready to install tmrw

RE: Cruise control and engine brakes stopped working?? - Waterloo - 10-29-2016

(10-29-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Yeah that's slang. Lol.. $225 from freightliner or $470 from kenworth.. damn thiefs!! Is it pretty easy to install? Or needs a trick? Getting ready to install tmrw

I don't know where this part is, but if you have to pull the steering wheel, just hit your local auto parts store for a steering wheel puller. I bought one for my new steering wheel I gamed on eBay... Puller was like $9 at the auto parts store, and then another $2 for the bolts I needed to pull her. Easy peezy.

RE: Cruise control and engine brakes stopped working?? - Old Driver - 10-30-2016

I had this happen to me not long ago. It was one of the fuses, I don't remember which one. Panicked but checked all the fuses and there was one blown.

Check all the fuses very carefully first, very cheap to do this work.

RE: Cruise control and engine brakes stopped working?? - jimeneztrans84 - 10-30-2016

Was it a fuse or relay? You can't remember which one? I looked on my fuse cover and I can't seem to find anything with steering wheel, cruise control or jakes...

RE: Cruise control and engine brakes stopped working?? - Old Driver - 10-30-2016

I think one of these that are circled. Happened out of the blue no rain or anything.
I think it's gotta be a loose wire somewhere behind the dash.
I've got a 2007 t600.

RE: Cruise control and engine brakes stopped working?? - jimeneztrans84 - 10-30-2016

Cool!! I'll check those out tmrw before I buy the part. Hopefully it's just a fuse.. thanks