Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Wheel question - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Wheel question (/showthread.php?tid=1184)

Wheel question - Jarhead79 - 12-03-2016

Is there such a thing as steel chromed truck wheels, or is only 4 wheeler wheels made chromed?[attachment=2270]

RE: Wheel question - Nilao - 12-03-2016

I've seen chrome truck wheels. Not sure where to get them though.

RE: Wheel question - in2trux - 12-04-2016

Any steel Budd wheel can be chromed. Those are polished Budd Aluminum on the front, chrome Budd steel on the drives.

My back hurts looking at that picture! Nice survivor!
If I was ever going to hire a driver, that would be the truck they would have to drive for 2-3 years minimum. 6V71 Detroit, 13 spd, 4.10 rears, Armstrong steering.

RE: Wheel question - schISM - 12-04-2016

Accuride had a line of chromed plated aluminum wheels a few years back but it looks like they've been discontinued. Something to think about before ya get a chrome plated steel wheel for a big truck is the chrome plating process can make the metal brittle if it's not done properly. Seen a few chromed "bud" wheels with the center broken out back in the eighties.

RE: Wheel question - Jarhead79 - 12-04-2016

Pic was just for example. But I fugured would need to get some steel wheels sent out to chrome. I sure do not want chromed aluminum. I'm just thinking on this for now.

RE: Wheel question - kryten - 12-05-2016

(12-04-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  If I was ever going to hire a driver, that would be the truck they would have to drive for 2-3 years minimum. 6V71 Detroit, 13 spd, 4.10 rears, Armstrong steering.

I have a picture in my mind of the driver of that truck after 3 years. Deaf, hunched over with a bad back, arms the size of a normal mans legs.

RE: Wheel question - Jarhead79 - 12-05-2016

My dream ride is a old 9670 IH, but air ride and transmission update. And a formula 350 Cummins to learn my way around.