Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
T660 lower water tube - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Pete & KW related Help... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: T660 lower water tube (/showthread.php?tid=1530)

T660 lower water tube - Squish099 - 03-02-2017

Over the last few days me and Rawze have had quite the experience with this lower water tube debacle. The original water tube (Paccar part #F66-2281). The heater core return is 90° to the tube pointed toward the passenger side. The new lower water tube (same part # as far as I know) the heater core return is inline with it facing forward. [attachment=2547] Now the heater core return will not work. [attachment=2548]. We couldn't find the correct mold hose from Paccar. Had to make it work. Ordered a molded 90° silicone elbow from summit racing (part #sum-294040) and 1.25" flared hose connector (part #sum-380600)[attachment=2549]
To remedy Paccar dropping the ball. Everything has to be trimmed to fit. [attachment=2550] When finished the water heater core return should be a 90° down under frame rail then 90° back [attachment=2551]. This was a huge headache costing me a day, getting truck back together, costing Rawze a bunch of time also.

RE: T660 lower water tube - Marajin - 03-02-2017

Looking back at those pictures, it looks like it is in the way for replacing the water filter too. It is a good thing you put a new one on before replacing that hose.

RE: T660 lower water tube - Squish099 - 03-02-2017

Could probably cut the black hose a little shorter and it would be closer to lower water tube could possibly get out of the water filter