Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Air coming out of trans beather - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other truck related Help... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Air coming out of trans beather (/showthread.php?tid=1784)

Air coming out of trans beather - marek4792 - 05-24-2017

So I got a RTLO 16913A which leaks air out the breather when black switch is flipped to the hi range, I had just changed the range cylinder o-rings with no luck. No change in sound when red switch is flipped low or hi, and does not leak air when black switch is in low range.

RE: Air coming out of trans beather - Mr Hagg - 05-25-2017

TBH I bet you didnt change the oring in the HI/LOW housing. Whe you remove the piston you slide the housing out and the is a oring on the shaft. When that one goes out it will leak air out on the one side...

RE: Air coming out of trans beather - marek4792 - 05-25-2017

So is there 3 orings? two on the piston and one on the housing? Unless there's a 4th one? The cylinder housing on mine would not come out of the trans like it is hooked onto the fork?

RE: Air coming out of trans beather - Mr Hagg - 05-25-2017

You would be right on yours the housing does not come out. Kind of crazy but the is another oring in there.
http://www.inforanger.roadranger.com/index.aspx?search=RTLO16913A&modelID=373&groupID=1417

you will see #6 is the one that will leak. If it was a RTO it would come out but on the one you have you will have to remove the back box. :-(

RE: Air coming out of trans beather - marek4792 - 05-25-2017

Yup I managed to get that one then crap I'm stumped.
edit: fixed green hose ended up rubbing against the breather housing spliced and put new fitting no more leak

RE: Air coming out of trans beather - Mrkentee - 05-25-2017

Wow. I just did this exact thing with the same transmission. Different problem. I couldn't get that housing out, either. I found out why later.

RE: Air coming out of trans beather - marek4792 - 05-26-2017

Just out of curiosity can the range housing be modified to be removable without compromising the integrity of the housing or travel of the shaft and fork?