Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
What is this valve? - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: International Trucks Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: What is this valve? (/showthread.php?tid=2198)

What is this valve? - smorgan87 - 10-03-2017

'11 prostar with 871. Whats the diverter valve lookin thing with 2 coolant hose coming out the top of it and a handle on the end. Passenger side directly in front of the front shock. Ill try to attach a pic.

RE: What is this valve? - big_roy - 10-03-2017

(10-03-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  '11 prostar with 871. Whats the diverter valve lookin thing with 2 coolant hose coming out the top of it and a handle on the end. Passenger side directly in front of the front shock. Ill try to attach a pic.

Did your truck have an apu on it at one time? That looks like the coolant valve that my apu is connected to my engine coolant with.

RE: What is this valve? - smorgan87 - 10-03-2017

I dont think so. No evidence of one ever being on it. Steps are on the passenger side where one would normally be mounted and it was all sprayed b4 i bought it.

RE: What is this valve? - Hammerhead - 10-05-2017

Looks like a factory APU/Webasto/Espar "prep" option, so connecting one would be simple.
That's a pretty common option ordered on a large percentage of trucks coming into Canada.

Valve open, coolant flows through accessory; valve closed, coolant bypasses accessory in case of leak, failure, service, etc.

RE: What is this valve? - Waterloo - 10-05-2017

Same APU valve I have on my ProStar, wish it worked.