Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Fuel leaking from ECM - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Fuel leaking from ECM (/showthread.php?tid=2203)

Pages: 1 2

Fuel leaking from ECM - snailexpress - 10-05-2017

I have fuel leak from one electrical plug on ECM. CM 2250.
Anybody knows is it can be fixed or I need new ECM.
If need new from Cummins is ECM already with calibration or need special procedure to flash it with

RE: Fuel leaking from ECM - scottydogtruck - 10-05-2017

Might wanna take the ECM off of the cooler pad that the ECM mounts on. Dollar to a doughnut you have a crack in the cooler pad (the fuel goes through the pad and acts like a laptop cooler pad).

RE: Fuel leaking from ECM - Rawze - 10-05-2017

On my CM871, the ECM is mounted on a cooling plate that fuel runs through. They are 2 separate pieces. the cooling plate can be replaced without changing the ECM.

RE: Fuel leaking from ECM - snailexpress - 10-05-2017

Tomorrow will pull the plug out see is it leaking from inside or ???????
Probably it's my long time air in fuel problem.
[attachment=3145]

RE: Fuel leaking from ECM - snailexpress - 10-05-2017

(10-05-2017 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  Might wanna take the ECM off of the cooler pad that the ECM mounts on. Dollar to a doughnut you have a crack in the cooler pad (the fuel goes through the pad and acts like a laptop cooler pad).
I use this https://www.ebay.com/i/253163202802?chn=ps&dispItem=1 as picture for reference.
Is fuel flowing directly over rear the ECM ( picture3) or cooling plate just touching like heat sink on computer CPU?
BTW small screw very similar to the rears was found in wire harness between wires.

RE: Fuel leaking from ECM - Nilao - 10-06-2017

The cooling plate is cast aluminum with copper lines running through it internally. The ecm is cooled through the contact between the rear of the ecm and the aluminum casting. The ecm is never in contact with the fuel internally. If you have a leak it has to be the cooler plate itself.

RE: Fuel leaking from ECM - snailexpress - 10-06-2017

(10-06-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  The cooling plate is cast aluminum with copper lines running through it internally. The ecm is cooled through the contact between the rear of the ecm and the aluminum casting. The ecm is never in contact with the fuel internally. If you have a leak it has to be the cooler plate itself.
Thank you Never was so dip.

RE: Fuel leaking from ECM - snailexpress - 10-06-2017

Took off ECM today everything was dry behind. Plugs were flooded with fuel. Washed plugs out with carb cleaner and dry with air. Probably Speedco flooded it last time they change fuel filter.
Thanks everyone for help.

RE: Fuel leaking from ECM - SquareOne - 11-08-2021

Snail, I know this was a few years ago, but what ever came of it? Did you still conclude that Speedco flooded it?

- I'm just noticing some slight seepage (nothing dripping...yet) out onto the ecm plug coverings, much like you had in the pic earlier in this thread. Is the cooling plate serviceable or replacement only? Never had it off before. Has just over 500k now.