Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
How to find bad injector? - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: How to find bad injector? (/showthread.php?tid=2780)

How to find bad injector? - alborz - 02-19-2018

Anyone knows the formula to find the bad injector on cummins is?
Thanks[/b]

RE: How to find bad injector? - Rawze - 02-19-2018

What model engine?

RE: How to find bad injector? - Signature620 - 02-19-2018

Depends what it's doing. Is it a miss at startup, constant dead miss, rough running, blowing smoke, running after the engine is shut down, etc???

RE: How to find bad injector? - alborz - 02-19-2018

From what you describe in your videos I think it should be CM 871

RE: How to find bad injector? - alborz - 02-19-2018

(02-19-2018 )Signature620 Wrote:  Depends what it's doing. Is it a miss at startup, constant dead miss, rough running, blowing smoke, running after the engine is shut down, etc???

It runs rough when idle. If I rev up it works normal but not all the time

RE: How to find bad injector? - stevesparts - 02-19-2018

1st: dose it run rough when warming up or after? if its after shes all warmed up, pull off the valve cover and look at the cams to see if they are starting to go.mine had a miss in it and the cams started to go but it ran fine going down the road rev. but it ran like sh#t when sitting at a stop idling. so it might not be a injector. just some thing else that it could be.

RE: How to find bad injector? - hhow55 - 02-19-2018

https://youtu.be/Wu_WN8BA-LA

Good place to start

RE: How to find bad injector? Update - alborz - 02-21-2018

I pulled valve cover nothing unusual
But I was as as bad to get these

RE: How to find bad injector? - smorgan87 - 02-21-2018

Probably an actuator if you're getting actuator codes. The coils can be ohmed out and the valves can be checked. Rawze has a vidyo on doing that. Anything obvious like leaking fuel from the fuel block? Fuel lines? Air bubbles in the davco? Stock engine or demandated? If its demandated, ur exhaust note can tell u a bit also soot dripping down the stack soot speck all over the place or a clean outside of the stack.