Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other truck related Help... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! (/showthread.php?tid=3024)

Pages: 1 2

It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! - Waterloo - 04-23-2018

Well, lost the evaporator in the sleeper, leaking freon, or whatever you want to refer to it as...

Here is the outfit, been using them for a few years and everything I have received has worked as advertised. The price is right and the shipping is extremely fast from Atlanta GA.

https://truckerac.com

They just saved me a bundle, evap from dealer, $530, their price, $160

Heater core, dealer $214, their price, $101

Give them a look, they carry about everything AC you will need, no matter make and model of truck or bus. Good guys. Hope this helps! Many parts are OEM, just better prices.

RE: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! - Chamberpains - 04-23-2018

Awesome! Thanks Mr. Loo

And what you're seeing leaking is PAG oil from the compressor and whatever colored leak detector crap someone may have put in the system. Freon is in gas form (boiling) when exposed to most ambient temperatures and leaves no residue.

Science is fun. Even in trucking. I got a thorough kick out of Rawzes wheel hub in the oven trick for installing bearing races.

RE: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! - Waterloo - 04-24-2018

Yep, the pag oil. I go with Freon as it is easier to explain. The Evaporator is leaking, so I figure it is the original, along with the heater core, time to replace both, along with a new dryer.

RE: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! - smorgan87 - 04-24-2018

Since u have it apart its not a bad idea to flush the system and replace the compressor oil. And always pull a vacuum.

RE: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! - Nilao - 04-24-2018

My rear evap started dripping pag oil
It wasn't the evap core but the o-rings in the expansion valve to pipe connections had split.

RE: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! - Waterloo - 04-24-2018

(04-24-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  My rear evap started dripping pag oil
It wasn't the evap core but the o-rings in the expansion valve to pipe connections had split.

I have the o rings too. I know these parts are more than likely 10 years old, all of the coolant and Freon is out of system. Best to change them out now when I’m down anyways, and will be much cheaper too.

RE: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! - Ragindirt - 04-24-2018

Popped a hole in line coming off the cooler in front of radiator ( it is the damn one with a flange on compressor). When I install the new one; do I just charge the system back up, are will I have to change oil in compressor?

RE: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! - Chamberpains - 04-24-2018

I know on the old piston style compressor there was a fill plug much like the 1 on the rear axle housing to check and fill pag oil on any kind of service. With these rotary ones I'm gonna admit im lost at knowing how to properly check and fill pag oil in the system. Any one with some good reading on this would be a great help to me and I'm sure others to.

RE: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! - Nilao - 04-25-2018

The rotary has a fill plug as well. unfortunately the only way to drain and refill one is to remove it from the truck as the plug is in the top of the housing dead on in the middle of the compressor. You need to know how much oil the compressor holds, then you drain out the old oil and add the specified amount back into the compressor. On my 2011 Prostar it's 13 oz..

here is a useful link that provides guidelines on how much oil to add if you lose a certain component..an condenser is listed at 2 oz.

http://www.underhoodservice.com/ac-oil-service-avoid-compressor-failure/