Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Prostar AC compressor - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: International Trucks Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: Prostar AC compressor (/showthread.php?tid=3086)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Prostar AC compressor - 74bassman - 05-09-2018

No surprise, the AC went again today. The pulley on the AC compressor is spining, but the clutch is not engaging. The front of the pulley is very hot cannot even touch it without burning myself. So im thinking the clutch might be burnt up. Is this replaceable or do i have to replace the whole compressor?

RE: Prostar AC compressor - Nilao - 05-09-2018

I usually find a reman compressor assembly with clutch to be about the same price as just a replacement clutch.

RE: Prostar AC compressor - 74bassman - 05-09-2018

Thanks, i think i will start with replacing yhe two themomisters first. It has been about 1.5 years since i had replace them.

RE: Prostar AC compressor - Rockhwy - 05-09-2018

You might want to take belt loose and turn pulley by hand to make sure bearing is not going bad in clutch that bearing can be replaced easily

RE: Prostar AC compressor - Waterloo - 05-09-2018

(05-09-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  Thanks, i think i will start with replacing yhe two themomisters first. It has been about 1.5 years since i had replace them.

Mark, call truckerac.com. They are here in Atlanta, order tomorrow and you will have a new compressor the following day. Really hard to beat their pricing for our ProStars. I have a couple of boxes of parts I need to install sitting right here. 404-842-1999

Just have the International part number for your compressor, they will cross match. I have used them for AC parts for a few years, same damn parts the dealership sells, right down to the markings and stamps at more than half the price.

RE: Prostar AC compressor - snailexpress - 05-09-2018

International AC problem is in outbreak. Last night one my friend call me with same problem. After compressor was replaced system wont work because expansion valve blocked with shavings from compressor.

Thanks, I will do that. I replaced the compressor at the same time time i did the theromomister, about 1.5 years ago. The AC ran went it wanted to last year, and just started back running last week. It ran up till this AM then stopped. Im dropping in stockbridge in the am, then i was going to run up to Rush to grab a kit for thermomister. Going to try and get ty his fix before I head to Ok.

RE: Prostar AC compressor - Waterloo - 05-09-2018

(05-09-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  International AC problem is in outbreak. Last night one my friend call me with same problem. After compressor was replaced system wont work because expansion valve blocked with shavings from compressor.

That is one item that has to be bought from International, that stupid expansion block! Anything else will give you major problems! Get that from international, and a new dryer from truckerac. That expansion bloc is a real nightmare, it is the orifice that gets you, that is definitely a dealer purchase. Trust me on that. Been down that road.

I have replaced the expansion block about 3 years, and the one in yhe bunk.