Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
My Pete rebuild - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Your Daily Blog (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: My Pete rebuild (/showthread.php?tid=3217)

RE: My Pete rebuild - Pigpen 2869 - 09-21-2018

I had a set of those DL-11's. Loved them the only problem is nobody near me carries them and when it was time to replace them I couldnt get any when I needed them.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Nostalgic - 09-22-2018

Cut off the huck bolts and pulled the 5th wheel. Could have been worse, was hoping for better... Tops and sides are needle scaled and soaking in Rust Mort for the night.

The very first truck I looked at was from the south and the frame was immaculate. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing it (and my wife kicked me a few times too - "you should have bought that blue one...") But, it was early in the game, and some of the repairs in the maintenance history scared me away... At least THERE WAS A HISTORY lol.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Rawze - 09-23-2018

what a neglected mess. why someone would let their equipment get that bad is beyond me.

some related info on preventing that ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3277&pid=28272#pid28272

RE: My Pete rebuild - Nostalgic - 09-25-2018

Have I mentioned how much I don't like painting? There's really not much about the process I find enjoyment in. A little happiness did show up today to help make up for the trashing UPS did to my packages yesterday. Fedex and UPS has had to pay close to $2k claims the last 6 months... You'd think that they'd go a little easier on packages.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Nostalgic - 09-26-2018

It seems like the running trend is what I need today is on backorder until next week, and what I got yesterday, I can't use until next week. But I'm starting to assemble and run new air lines.

I wonder how many more gems like this I'll find? I'll be stocked up on couplings at least.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Chamberpains - 09-26-2018

I don't have my laptop with me today or I would put an arrow to what im describing, but here goes.

On the front torsion bar between where it mounts on the axle housing and the torsion bar itself, I believe I see some sort of spacer (black). All torsion bars I've seen have always mounted directly to the axle housing mount with no spacer. I could be wrong because im not terribly familiar with PB chassis's. But the only time I've seen spacers there is when someone puts it in there because they got the wrong length torsion bars at some point in time.

(09-26-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I don't have my laptop with me today or I would put an arrow to what im describing, but here goes.

On the front torsion bar between where it mounts on the axle housing and the torsion bar itself, I believe I see some sort of spacer (black). All torsion bars I've seen have always mounted directly to the axle housing mount with no spacer. I could be wrong because im not terribly familiar with PB chassis's. But the only time I've seen spacers there is when someone puts it in there because they got the wrong length torsion bars at some point in time.

I really don't know? Both rods are set up the same way, and I put it back together with the spacers that were in it... There's 1 spacer @ the axle, and then 2 spacers @ the frame mounts. I'm kind of flying blind in this department.

RE: My Pete rebuild - ZeroNthedark - 09-26-2018

Looks correct. Here are a couple snaps from my Pete with a Hendrickson rubber block. Pretty similar setup.
[attachment=4258]
[attachment=4259]

Any air system pros here?

My 1/4" supply to the transmission comes from way over on the passenger side from a pressure protection valve mounted on my secondary tank. Is there any reason why I can't just run it from one of the accessory ports on the air drier? It's a Bendix AD-IS, and the acc. ports are pressure protected... 2 are used to supply the suspension and cab leveling valves.