Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
My Pete rebuild - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Your Daily Blog (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: My Pete rebuild (/showthread.php?tid=3217)

RE: My Pete rebuild - Nostalgic - 10-15-2018

Got replacement brackets from Valley that fit much better... but things just aren't right.
I may try installing the brackets on the bumper first, then mounting to the truck, but I have a feeling it will be a waste of time...

Passenger side

DS

Had to cut every single stud off my old headlights - what a mess. Then ready to put my new lights on, I opened the box to find...

Here's hoping that Raney's has a little better customer support than the mafia guys.

On another note, got a call wondering if I did{**Content removed by protection bot** - suspected advertising.}

RE: My Pete rebuild - Nilao - 10-15-2018

Lol. The sky is the limit on road calls...usually 2 hr minimum on labor plus milage...if after hours labor is more.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Nostalgic - 10-15-2018

{**Content removed by protection bot** - suspected advertising.}

RE: My Pete rebuild - pearce trucking - 10-16-2018

{**Content removed by protection bot** - suspected advertising.}

RE: My Pete rebuild - Nostalgic - 10-16-2018

You'll have to carry tools or keep dealing with TA lol. I'm planning on a December closing, regardless of if I'm putting the truck to work right away. I really want to close now, so I can pull my truck in, keep it in, and just get it finished. I feel bad every time I tell one of my elderly customers this is their last inspection with me. I pick up and deliver a few vehicles for older widows so they don't have to try to find someone to give them a ride - not sure who I can refer them to... Financially, those ones cost me when I have over half a day tied up with a $13 gross profit for oil change and inspection, and I don't know any other shops with a sucker to do it lol. I do have to say, I'm going to miss the convenience of being able to do my own state inspections, but hours of business requirements would be impossible to meet if I'm OTR.

Rawze, wasn't advertising in the least, and apologize for any interpretations that I was - just "daily blogging" on the day as conversation.

Since my goals 10-12 months ago weren't clear to which way I was going with my truck in the beginning of this thread, I'll make it clear to anyone reading. I don't want ANY auto, light, or heavy truck repair business from anyone on the forum, or elsewhere for that matter. I want out of the trade.

This page is just me blabbering about day to day events and the progress on my truck. Now, that said, I would have been an ass to refuse to help someone that was broke down near me and would have felt guilty for them to sit for 2-3 hours waiting for an overpriced service truck.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Rawze - 10-16-2018

(10-16-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  Rawze, wasn't advertising in the least, and apologize for any interpretations that I was - just "daily blogging" on the day as conversation.

Since my goals 10-12 months ago weren't clear to which way I was going with my truck in the beginning of this thread, I'll make it clear to anyone reading. I don't want ANY auto, light, or heavy truck repair business from anyone on the forum, or elsewhere for that matter. I want out of the trade.

This page is just me blabbering about day to day events and the progress on my truck. Now, that said, I would have been an ass to refuse to help someone that was broke down near me and would have felt guilty for them to sit for 2-3 hours waiting for an overpriced service truck.

Baah,.. dont worry abt it... it might have been the 3 beers i had and an over-zealous bot.

My dad was an incredibly gifted man in many areas, but technologically, not so much. I remember setting up an old computer for him sometime early 2k to use for Word and for me to help issue 1099's for him so he wouldn't have to bang away on the typewriter for hours. I stopped by and he was ready to pitch that stupid box lol. He couldn't print for some reason. I check it to find that he had saved his document about 20 times, and had at least that many tabs open of each newly minted filename. I still don't know exactly what he was doing lol.

Today, I got to know what he felt like. As I'm sitting in front of my laptop, looking under and over my glasses (like he did) to read the vague help, with the screen full of tables, trying to figure out how exactly to get the "screens" to show what I want in calterm. I can lightly grasp WHAT I want to do, but negotiating the program itself has been a humbling experience. Heck, I don't even quite get what "screens" are (other than they seem to stick around just as I sloppily configured them, even after restarting), let alone the ability to use them to accomplish my goals... Tell me it gets easier? Someone that's well experienced in it, please tell me you felt like an idiot at first lol.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Chamberpains - 10-17-2018

I can tell you that the version I have 3.4 does not get any easier. It's one of those programs that you just have to research exactly what you want to do with it figure it out and hope you get good at it. Or really use it for what you need to use it for and never really get good at it. Which is where I'm at. But it is an immense tool for diagnosing and monitoring problems. So it's good to have around.