Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
My Pete rebuild - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Your Daily Blog (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: My Pete rebuild (/showthread.php?tid=3217)

RE: My Pete rebuild - Nostalgic - 04-07-2019

Question of the day. Why in the world would downloading a cal cause my odometer to advance 139 miles? I have Keeptruckin ELD hooked up now and didn't disconnect it for the download - I'm sure it will complain when I sign in.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Lonestar10 - 04-07-2019

Usualy ODO is kept in the body controller computer so no clue.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Nostalgic - 04-07-2019

I always thought it was pretty isolated from everything. It just blanked out towards the end of the download, then when things reset, my 381 turned into 520.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Chamberpains - 04-08-2019

Gremlins. Mine lost 50000 miles getting towed in to Denver once a few years back. Just offset it in Insite if your worried about it.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Rawze - 04-08-2019

(04-07-2019 )Nostalgic Wrote:  Question of the day. Why in the world would downloading a cal cause my odometer to advance 139 miles? I have Keeptruckin ELD hooked up now and didn't disconnect it for the download - I'm sure it will complain when I sign in.

always disconnect ELD if your flashing an ECU.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Magard - 04-08-2019

This build is pretty cool. I think it’s the way to go. I know it would hurt to add up the. Costs but i would like to know because I would like to build a truck like this. I think this is a excellent way of owning a reliable truck at the end of the day. Maybe not as fancy as this just nice and clean. I’m not quite ocd as you... but I do like your work.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Nostalgic - 04-08-2019

We're sorting through the folderS (capital S, since there are 3, very thick folders with receipts to tally up). I don't NEED the number until I do 2019 taxes since I just put it into service the 2nd quarter, but I suppose I should *gulp* know how hard I need to work this summer lol. I have an idea of where it's probably at, and I'll just say, from a practical standpoint, it's WAY too much. I don't know if I'm going to publicly post it lol. I will spill the beans on the trailer, $14,900, plus $1,200+/- repairs at the shop, $300 for perm plate and another $300 for a year's insurance. Compared to the truck, it's a money maker lol.

Today was my first official day, and I finally got to get the thing hot dragging some pipe out of Pittsburgh to a new line in the middle of nowhere. I can't even begin to express my thanks to this site and Rawze for the helping me out the last couple weeks. I don't want to jinx myself, but the truck runs amazing, and exceeded my expectations. If the dash readout is even close, I'm going to have a fuel sipping ride that can still get the job done when needed.

RE: My Pete rebuild - Chamberpains - 04-09-2019

Great to hear. I was hoping to have a final pic with the 1st load on it...

RE: My Pete rebuild - Nostalgic - 04-11-2019

(04-09-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Great to hear. I was hoping to have a final pic with the 1st load on it...

I did a horrible job taking pics this week since I was/am busy trying to soak things in and being paranoid about every strange sound the truck makes lol...

Of course I didn't take time to snap a pic until I pulled my straps...

Interesting going in and making a turn onto a dirt road off a 10 ton road, right before a 9' overpass. The rest of the week loads have went to a yard.