Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
adding jakes to isx - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: adding jakes to isx (/showthread.php?tid=3247)

adding jakes to isx - cowhater - 06-24-2018

looking at 2004 9200i international with isx engine #79025530 cpl8287. Took this # to cummins dealer and they said engine was built without engine brakes. Is it possible to add jakes to this engine? I went to cummins parts online and see that it uses the same head, cam, and rockers as the integrated jake brake engines do (I used engine #79016667 cpl8287, it has jakes). I see they use different rocker shafts along with different exhaust bridges. I see used complete jake rocker arm shafts with all rockers and wiring harness anywhere from $700 to $1200 online. Would the ecm also have to be programmed? I would also have to add the cab switches. Anything else? thanks.

RE: adding jakes to isx - Signature620 - 06-25-2018

There should just be spacers where the jake rockers would go. You'll need 6 jake rockers, the internal harness, 3 jake solenoids and their mouting brackets, the rocker shafts may be different, ECM just needs engine brakes enabled, 6 exhaust valve bridges, 6 top hats (sit inside one end of each exh valve bridge.

Seems very strange for an automotive ISX to be built without jakes.

RE: adding jakes to isx - cowhater - 06-25-2018

By looking at the parts diagram pictures, I'm thinking the jake shafts have the extra oil port running through them to actuate the jake rockers?