Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Dead speedo - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Pete & KW related Help... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: Dead speedo (/showthread.php?tid=3328)

Dead speedo - jdbfam - 07-20-2018

My 2013 w900 had a bouncing speedometer, then it quit altogether. We changed the speed sensor and it worked for a half a day then started it again. My scan guage shows a mph coming from the ecm but speedometer either lies flat or bounces with the bumps of the road. Drove 2.5 hrs today, it shows 10 miles. Any ideas? Could it be in the head itself or between the ecm and head ? Thanks in advance. btw, it is my "farm" truck.

RE: Dead speedo - Moose - 07-20-2018

I had an '08 with CAN gauges lose a tach. I wasn't paying KW to replace & program. I bought a take out off fleabay, robbed the stepper motor out of it and got my original cluster working. I have ESA but didn't know, deal with the legalities (truck was sold), nor feel like learning how to program or move the odometer.

RE: Dead speedo - dhirocz - 07-20-2018

Mine started doing something similar. I replaced the speedo and also found the connector from the jumper harness to the chassis harness corroded. Fixed both and haven't had an issue.

RE: Dead speedo - jdbfam - 07-31-2018

Update. Thankfully my shop found a broken wire in the speed sensor wire harness. 10 min fix. Thanks anyway.