Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Torque specs - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Torque specs (/showthread.php?tid=3585)

Pages: 1 2

Torque specs - lonestar16 - 10-04-2018

Got a load for tomorrow then heading home for the wkn would like to do some more cleaning on the egr system were the best place to get the torque specs from so I can make sure it done right.dont need anything falling off or leaking going down the road..thanks

RE: Torque specs - Rounded_nut - 10-04-2018

Quickserve online should have that.

RE: Torque specs - lonestar16 - 10-04-2018

I'll look again on quickserve but I didn't see anything about the torque specs ..thanks

RE: Torque specs - Rawze - 10-04-2018

(10-04-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  I'll look again on quickserve but I didn't see anything about the torque specs ..thanks

Look through the service manual under the "service" tab.

RE: Torque specs - lonestar16 - 10-04-2018

Ok will try that .thanks

RE: Torque specs - Chamberpains - 10-05-2018

Quickserve has everything you need. But I do find it, as a common man, that it reads a lot like a librarian and a lawyer wrote and organized it. You'll have to figure out how its organized and what parts are specific to your engine model. (CM870, CM871, QSX15,....) They put how to do all of the ISX15 family together even though you searched your specific serial #. So if you have a CM870 you have to find its detailed service instructions in amongst the QSX15 and CM871 instructions. They are similar but critically different.
Then step by step (don't gloss over steps) read and process them to know if it pertains to you and your situation. All the info is there. But the devil is often times in the details. You may miss critical steps if you don't read and process every step.

I say this cause I'm very guilty of glossing over things. Then later down the road, taking time to search for the largest boot I can find to start kicking my own ass because now I'm tearing it all back apart because in my haste I skipped something. Don't be like younger me.

RE: Torque specs - lonestar16 - 10-05-2018

Yea I no what u mean most of the time I take stuff off in just tightening it down to what feels good but then something will start messing up because u didnt fighting it down to spec or u over tighten it..I can see I'll have fun looking up the spec to make sure it's the right one for my motor but I got more time then I do money so it shouldn't be to bad..

RE: Torque specs - Hammerhead - 10-06-2018

If you don't have the ability to keep the process straight with all the variations, I suggest;
1) Print the procedure.
2) Read the procedure.
3) Re-read the procedure, and make a mark on the steps that apply specifically to your engine.
4) Verify unmarked steps don’t pertain to you, and cross them out with a red pen/sharpie/etc.
Now you can open your hood and toolbox...
5) Use a DIFFERENT color pen and mark each step off your printed procedure as you complete it.
6) Use a paint marker and mark each bolt/nut when tightened, and definitely when torqued to spec.
[attachment=4294]
I just replaced this wheel seal, the axle cap nuts require torque specs, there’s no doubt I have completed this step if I get distracted and need to come back to it.
Guess which wheel studs get the Tru-Bal centering sleeves installed on them?

This also comes in real handy when you have more than one guy working on things, there’s never something left undone and assumptions of “I thought you did that one...”
Ask themissinglink, every job done in my shop gets these markings. The bolts on my motor are covered in blue & white paint. Each guy gets his own color, so you know who did what.
Pop a top on any engine I’ve done an overhead on, every adjuster screw and jam nut is painted.

RE: Torque specs - the missing link - 10-08-2018

(10-06-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  If you don't have the ability to keep the process straight with all the variations, I suggest;
1) Print the procedure.
2) Read the procedure.
3) Re-read the procedure, and make a mark on the steps that apply specifically to your engine.
4) Verify unmarked steps don’t pertain to you, and cross them out with a red pen/sharpie/etc.
Now you can open your hood and toolbox...
5) Use a DIFFERENT color pen and mark each step off your printed procedure as you complete it.
6) Use a paint marker and mark each bolt/nut when tightened, and definitely when torqued to spec.

I just replaced this wheel seal, the axle cap nuts require torque specs, there’s no doubt I have completed this step if I get distracted and need to come back to it.
Guess which wheel studs get the Tru-Bal centering sleeves installed on them?

This also comes in real handy when you have more than one guy working on things, there’s never something left undone and assumptions of “I thought you did that one...”
Ask themissinglink, every job done in my shop gets these markings. The bolts on my motor are covered in blue & white paint. Each guy gets his own color, so you know who did what.
Pop a top on any engine I’ve done an overhead on, every adjuster screw and jam nut is painted.

Here I thought you just like to paint , haha