Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Door leaks - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Pete & KW related Help... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: Door leaks (/showthread.php?tid=3747)

Door leaks - Roysbigtoys - 11-13-2018

I have a 2009 Pete 386 that leaks air from the electric window switches and door locks.....cold air in the winter, hot air in the summer. Do any of you guys have the same problem....and have you been able to fix it?

RE: Door leaks - Rednecktrucker01 - 12-02-2018

My 389 does that when the window isn't quite up all the way like it's kinked in the frame once in a while. I just pull the window front to back a bit and once I get it to seat properly it usually quits

RE: Door leaks - Roysbigtoys - 12-03-2018

(12-02-2018 )Rednecktrucker01 Wrote:  My 389 does that when the window isn't quite up all the way like it's kinked in the frame once in a while. I just pull the window front to back a bit and once I get it to seat properly it usually quits

My windows do go up and down slowly.... but I think they move squarely up and down the frames. When my windows are up and tight is when the switches leak air into the cab. I was just wondering if it's my door seals leaking causing a vacuum thru my switches or what?

RE: Door leaks - Rednecktrucker01 - 12-04-2018

Yep same as mine but I've yet to find a Pete door that seals properly anyway. But all I do is drop it an inch or two push the top of the window ahead an 1/8 or 1/4 inch then put it up until I find the sweet spot. That at least calms it enough my arm isn't freezing in cold weather. I've taken my door apart and cleaned and lubed the track and that helped it move a bit better but still not great.

RE: Door leaks - Hammerhead - 12-06-2018

If your drywall leaks water at the seams, is the drywall leaking? Or is it the pipes behind the drywall?
Now I'm sure we all know the answers to those questions, so now use that same mentality on your doors.
It is not your inside latches that are leaking, it is the exterior door latch that leaks. It has mechanical linkages that run from it to the striker pin catch, and in order for them to function there must be "holes" or "passthroughs".
Remove the entire inside panelling from the door, and glue some foam to the inside of the exterior panel all the way around the handle/latch. Roll the window all the way down so you can see how large of a "circle" you can make it. Make sure the foam is thick enough to also compress against the interior panel when you reassemble to create a "seal".
I have never completely sealed it, but this will damn near seal it.
Did this on all 4 Pete's I owned, had many friends hire me to do it tomorrow as well...