Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Found an incredible mattress for the truck... - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Things that may help others... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Found an incredible mattress for the truck... (/showthread.php?tid=3908)

Pages: 1 2

Found an incredible mattress for the truck... - Waterloo - 12-22-2018

Like the title says, I found a new mattress for the truck. I had one of those standard issue mattresses with the springs, which was killing my back and I was not getting any sleep to speak of. I live in my truck during the week, and this was not working out. And it was a fairly new mattress, only a year old and I paid around $250 for it, but in a matter of weeks it was killing me.

I found this... https://www.minimizer.com/product-category/in-the-truck/semi-mattress/

It is pricey, and heavy, around 80 pounds, but I am sleeping like a baby! I have had it for over a month now, have mine on the soft side, and am truly impressed. Made in the USA, all natural latex, the reason I believe it is so heavy, with a very high quality build.

Just thought I would throw this out there if any of you are hurting in the sleeper.

RE: Found an incredible mattress for the truck... - Lonestar10 - 12-22-2018

Minimizer 32" x 79" x 10" Long Haul Mattress
$835.00

beejesus i mean if you can sleep right on but holy crap that price for a twin size mattress

RE: Found an incredible mattress for the truck... - smorgan87 - 12-22-2018

Damnit 850 for a mattress? It better he more than comfortable. Need to get in on what waterloos doing.

RE: Found an incredible mattress for the truck... - hhow55 - 12-23-2018

May want to check out Dave Ramsey website, and see the one he recommends.

RE: Found an incredible mattress for the truck... - bazdan902 - 12-23-2018

Nice. May try this out, I've been sleeping on my original mattress with a foam top for 1.2 million miles. Time for an upgrade soon.. between seats and beds it's really hard to put a price on comfort. 800$is nothing if it saves your back and let's you rest feeling refreshed the next day. Especially for the use you generally get out of these items. I wish every 800$ I spent on the truck went as far as a seat or mattress does!

RE: Found an incredible mattress for the truck... - Waterloo - 12-23-2018

(12-22-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Minimizer 32" x 79" x 10" Long Haul Mattress
$835.00

beejesus i mean if you can sleep right on but holy crap that price for a twin size mattress

I know, I cringed at the price too... But, I started pricing out the other mattresses on the market, and found the price to be reasonable. The other thing I noticed was the weight of the Minimizer mattress compared to the other guys like Nest and Casper that are highly advertised. The top of the line Casper offering in twin weighs in at roughly 50 lbs, which is 30 lbs less than the Minimizer and is priced at roughly $1400! That is quite a difference...

The foam too, natural latex vs a man made foam in the other guys. You can really feel the difference when compared to man made latex, the Minimizer is much heavier and denser which hopefully means a longer life. Also Made in USA, I have no clue where these other mattresses are made, I would imagine China?

Honestly, it is hard to put a price on a good nights sleep. ;-)

RE: Found an incredible mattress for the truck... - Waterloo - 12-23-2018

(12-23-2018 )hhow55 Wrote:  May want to check out Dave Ramsey website, and see the one he recommends.

Holy Smokes! I think Dave owns a portion of Mark's Mattress store, LOL! Those prices are through the roof! I don't feel bad about paying $900 for a mattress now. Need one for the house, I wish Minimizer made a full or queen size.

RE: Found an incredible mattress for the truck... - kryten - 12-23-2018

All this talk of mattresses reminds me of a time way back when I was still a company driver. The mattress in the truck I was driving was the factory original and it was about 4 years old. Between me and the mattress support there must have been at least 1/8" of mattress left. I told the boss, he sent me over to a foam shop that he had used in the past and I went home with a big piece of foam that was supposedly made for beds. When I got home I was in a bit of a quandary because there wasn't a whole lot of room to remove the mattress from the bunk. Hummed and hawed for a few minutes then just grabbed the mattress and folded it like a piece of paper and threw it outside, it didn't even unfold it was so wore out. That new piece of foam was heaven compared to the old.

RE: Found an incredible mattress for the truck... - Nostalgic - 12-23-2018

(12-23-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(12-23-2018 )hhow55 Wrote:  May want to check out Dave Ramsey website, and see the one he recommends.

Holy Smokes! I think Dave owns a portion of Mark's Mattress store, LOL! Those prices are through the roof! I don't feel bad about paying $900 for a mattress now. Need one for the house, I wish Minimizer made a full or queen size.

If $900 makes you queasy, forget about Tempurpedic.

https://www.tempurpedic.com/shop-mattresses/grandbed/v/563/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAgf3gBRDtARIsABgdL3mQuPWXFNlrld2cY_Nw_vIlY_7WHjIguNhFPAWUQlj71ztzU​fZMNr8aAvwZEALw_wcB

I can't remember which line we got, but other than having softer indents now where we sleep, it's held up well for close to 10 years.

If the minimizer is anything close in comfort as the tempurpedic, it's a great price.