Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Valvoline Premium Blue for Soot - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Valvoline Premium Blue for Soot (/showthread.php?tid=4237)

Pages: 1 2

Valvoline Premium Blue for Soot - Rushin5 - 03-05-2019

Hey guys,

Just ran across this link and was wondering if anyone's tried valvoline premium blue oil and if it's worth the money. I'm sure there are alternatives but I'd spend the money to avoid carbon packing. What do you guys think?

https://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/lp/valvoline-premium-blue-restore

RE: Valvoline Premium Blue for Soot - Evotrucker - 03-05-2019

I'm hearing its 50/50 it probably works if you actually have carbon packing issues... im not sure if it helps prevent it?... ill let the experts take it over from here.

RE: Valvoline Premium Blue for Soot - Rawze - 03-05-2019

Its used mostly as a temporary fix for excess blo-by issues caused by carbon packing for delaying an inframe. There are no real liquid cures though, the inevitable is to fix the engine correctly.

RE: Valvoline Premium Blue for Soot - Unilevers - 03-05-2019

it band aids things for awhile. Ive used it on a few carbon packed engines here and it helps but its no miracle cure. Its very pricy though. works good for break in on engines though.

RE: Valvoline Premium Blue for Soot - Ironsled - 03-06-2019

I looked into the blue a lot last year and continue to read and try and learn anything I can . I used to use delac for the reason of Blue being so high dollar but then I found it on sale one week a month or so at o’Reillys For 13.99 a gallon . I did see a difference in pressure on my gauge compared to delvac but hardly anything. I still use a gallon of gear oil along with it just to help the thickness and for the additional additives it provides . The numbers of the report says it could go more miles but when my oil thins out and the motor seems to be a bit more noise that I personally do t like the town of it so I tend to only run my oil 12-14k . I just started using Blackstone end of 2018 and I’m getting close to my second PM since then . I’ll post it up when I do but for now here’s the first one . History on ole Big blue 389 . Bought it December 2017 with 404k now has 537k

RE: Valvoline Premium Blue for Soot - Rushin5 - 03-06-2019

I think the regular blue you can find for 15 bucks. The stuff I'm referring to has an Ester base and is called Blue Restore. What if it can be diluted with another synthetic oil to lower cost and also keep the engine from packing carbon in the first place?

RE: Valvoline Premium Blue for Soot - Rushin5 - 03-07-2019

Reason being, my 2250 that has 660k is now leaking combustion gases into the coolant and my 2350 recently had an overhaul and I'd like to preserve (if at all possible) or at least extend engine life without demandating.

Another option I want to try with my 870 is a product called Engine Restore, or Marvel Mystery Oil. Anyone have any experience with those?

RE: Valvoline Premium Blue for Soot - Rawze - 03-07-2019

(03-07-2019 )Rushin5 Wrote:  Reason being, my 2250 that has 660k is now leaking combustion gases into the coolant

Pull it apart and fix it right.-- it isn't your brother-in-law's beater 26 years old toyota. Anything less and you're jumping over a dollar to save a dime. -- Keep running around with that head gasket leaking and you will etch the block and loose the whole engine!.

I will not tolerate such garbage-can ways of thinking to proliferate on my forum, just warning you!. Take that crap somewhere else!.

RE: Valvoline Premium Blue for Soot - Ironsled - 03-08-2019

Yes the regular premium blue is what I was referring to that I have been using I have no experience with the restore but I have done a lot of reading on it and Valvoline and Cummins come up with it due to the fact the carbon packing problems that they were appearing .mostly I think this oil restore is an attempt to fix the carbon packing issues around the rings That they think was the end result of carbon causing oil consumption. issues with the oils has been a topic addressed for a while to help for the issues of extra soot In your DPF .yes re-store is expensive but not to be used all the time if still running a mandate a truck and oil consumption is an issue having a hand and clogging DPS then it looks like a cheap fix to one of the many problems with the entire system I think in my opinion it is merely no problem solver but maybe a little help before it ends up costing more down the line. Or maybe Attemp to help with the cost of adding oil very frequently when put in a pencil to it if you use a gallon of oil every couple of days at $15 a gallon and you run 30 days you done would have spent around $225 on extra oil do that for a few months and you will have bought yourself a PM with the restore . It may work in the early stages of carbon packed and pistons And rings but I myself doubt that it’s going to get hard deposits out of your rings and cam valleys and no other miracle liquid isn’t the solver either . That’s why they came up with the service addressing oil consumption . different pistons and liners to cure the problem of carbon packed heads and oil consumption cause even more trash to ruining ones dfp ect. I could not speak on the results due to I have a never used it nor have I ever met any One that has experimented with the restore but what I have read of this product and the issues of trying to help that’s what I gathered from it .I agree with Rawze and what is your combustion gases slipping into your coolant system I would not think comes from rings myself but like Rawze says fix a head gasket or in worst case scenario is a cracked head have you narrowed the problem down to being in fact a head Issue? How about air compressor head?