Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
High idle adjustment - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: High idle adjustment (/showthread.php?tid=4377)

High idle adjustment - Scoot5869 - 04-05-2019

I was wondering if you can adjust the high idle. I do a lot of pto work and the trailers run best at 1000-1100rpm while my high idle on the cruise switch only goes to 900. The 200 rpm does make a significant difference in the unload speed.

I’ve tried to set it at 1100 and it won’t work. It’s on a 2010kw I can set it at what ever on my other kw that’s a 04 So idk if it’s an ecm deal or just the switch style. 04 is toggle style
Thanks

RE: High idle adjustment - Magard - 04-05-2019

Yes it’s a adjustment that can be done through insite

RE: High idle adjustment - Lonestar10 - 04-05-2019

When it goes to 900 hold resume and it should go up more

RE: High idle adjustment - Scoot5869 - 04-05-2019

Ha! Thanks lone star that worked could have sworn I tried that guess I didn’t hold long enough!!

RE: High idle adjustment - Lonestar10 - 04-05-2019

If you're trucks like mine with cruise off you can use set and resume to adjust your normal idle in case you don't like how it pulls off of a stop sign or something with my truck and 336 rears first gear I have to have my truck at 750 RPMs otherwise it'll kill itself

RE: High idle adjustment - Scoot5869 - 04-05-2019

Well that’s nice to know I’ll have to try that to see if it works. It takes off fine but nice to know Thanks for the information

RE: High idle adjustment - Rawze - 04-06-2019

(04-05-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  If you're trucks like mine with cruise off you can use set and resume to adjust your normal idle in case you don't like how it pulls off of a stop sign or something with my truck and 336 rears first gear I have to have my truck at 750 RPMs otherwise it'll kill itself

The idle speed up/down adjustment feature can be enable/disable with Insite I think., just thought I would mention it because some ppl say theirs will not adjust like that.

RE: High idle adjustment - Chamberpains - 04-06-2019

I believe (at least on cm870) its the PTO/Remote PTO toggle in Insite to turn it on and off. Then you can adjust bump up increments and minimum and maximum RPM settings

RE: High idle adjustment - Signature620 - 04-06-2019

Chamberpains is correct. If PTO is enabled, adjust the values next to Resume Switch Speed and Set Switch Speed as you like.

You can do this to any ISX for bumping up idle speed, you don't need to have a PTO.