Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Fixed Vent Window - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: International Trucks Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: Fixed Vent Window (/showthread.php?tid=4615)

Pages: 1 2

Fixed Vent Window - azcardnlz - 05-30-2019

Has anyone here ever replaced the front vent window? I can’t find any information online.
Just wondering if it’s something that requires special tools or supplies. Any tips would be appreciated.

15 Prostar with a fixed vent window.

RE: Fixed Vent Window - smorgan87 - 05-30-2019

Glued in like the windshield i do believe. Prolly be as cheap and quicker to take to the local auto glass company.

RE: Fixed Vent Window - azcardnlz - 05-30-2019

Safelite wants $800...

RE: Fixed Vent Window - smorgan87 - 05-30-2019

Thats insane.

RE: Fixed Vent Window - Lonestar10 - 05-30-2019

methinks vanderhaags or some other salvage yard and a caulking gun with a urethane tube would be much easier on the wallet

RE: Fixed Vent Window - azcardnlz - 05-30-2019

(05-30-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  methinks vanderhaags or some other salvage yard and a caulking gun with a urethane tube would be much easier on the wallet

Me too. That’s why I’m asking. Hoping to get by for a hundred bucks.

RE: Fixed Vent Window - Lonestar10 - 05-30-2019

what did you do prichard! caught in one of these wonderful hailstorms or somethin?

RE: Fixed Vent Window - Waterloo - 05-31-2019

I don't know where you are, I'm up in Detroit, plenty of mom and pop glass shops up here. Safelite is a rip off. I called for a chip repair in my windshield, $160! I called Henderson Glass a few doors down, literally a few doors down, $29. They did it in the parking lot, in and out. That was over a year ago, still holding. Any local glass shop should be able to get you that vent window. If you cannot get a new one, call a big truck junk yard, plenty of totaled ProStars out there with intact vent windows.

RE: Fixed Vent Window - Chamberpains - 05-31-2019

Ya, look up glass in the yellow pages. Call around. Im sure you'll find someone that is a much better price.