Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Enable fast idle using insite - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Enable fast idle using insite (/showthread.php?tid=4733)

Enable fast idle using insite - Rilloroc - 06-29-2019

Just wondering if that's possible. I see some of the stuff in parameters. I tried enabling fast idle switch thinking that would allow the cruise control switch to operate fast idle, but that gave me a J1939 error so I disabled it again.

Edit: I don't normally idle my truck, but I'm home for about 24 hours every other day and I lose all air on that time. It's cool at night when I leave and this truck idles right at 600 regardless of weather or any other circumstances. I would like to bump that idle up while it's airing up and warming up. Unless that would be bad for it.

RE: Enable fast idle using insite - Soulreaver0102 - 06-29-2019

I think most ppl would advise to bump up idle. I don’t have onsite in front of me but it should be able to set the limits under parameters. I did it on mine. (2250) without issue. I’m sure someone will chime in on your error message.

RE: Enable fast idle using insite - smorgan87 - 06-29-2019

Turn on the pto in insite. U can set the high idle rpm. And how many rpm it goes up each time u press accel. UNLESS you have one these damn prostars with the idle free apu. Its turned off in diamond logic and u cant idle it up without releasing the brakes. Incredibly stupid.

RE: Enable fast idle using insite - Rawze - 06-29-2019

600rpm for an isx is too low. make it a minimum of 800rpm.

RE: Enable fast idle using insite - Rilloroc - 06-30-2019

Will do.

RE: Enable fast idle using insite - multitask - 07-01-2019

(06-29-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  600rpm for an isx is too low. make it a minimum of 800rpm.

Hey Rawze, I had mine set at 700 to bump up the oil pressure during idle, so 800 is your best bet? Thanks

RE: Enable fast idle using insite - Rilloroc - 07-01-2019

Enabling PTO worked. Thanks for that, would've never thought of it.

RE: Enable fast idle using insite - Chamberpains - 07-01-2019

700 is descent for normal idling to keep oil psi up during operation. 800+ for long term idle. Better oil and coolant circulation and it helps to spin fan faster for a\c and cooling.

RE: Enable fast idle using insite - zyNoT - 07-14-2019

(07-01-2019 )multitask Wrote:  
(06-29-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  600rpm for an isx is too low. make it a minimum of 800rpm.

Hey Rawze, I had mine set at 700 to bump up the oil pressure during idle, so 800 is your best bet? Thanks

I find 700 is good. Keep up for oil pressure and to reduce vibration. Each truck is a little different.