Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: International Trucks Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird (/showthread.php?tid=4823)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird - Satch - 07-19-2019

My prostar has the automated 10 speed and it has a shift issue. Usually 2-3 shift,5-6 shift, 7-8 shift intermittently will "miss shift". What I mean is when the engine revs up to about 1400 to 1600 rpms, the gear number will flash and rev out in neutral. If I let the speed go down it may downshift but it won't shift up and screeches at me.

I have to pull over, set brakes. It won't shift into neutral. I then have to turn off truck. Turn on, and voila it seems to work again. This happens roughly 2 times a day. City driving

I've started to notice a faint high pitch sound coming from right side of cab. Assume its from under the kick panel. Is there any recommended things to look for? I swear this feels like an electrical/ software related. I don't think it's mechanical.

I am unable to read any codes with the cruise on/ resume combination.

RE: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird - Lonestar10 - 07-19-2019

could be the air solenoids that do the shifting getting sticky/stuck/not working correctly.

RE: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird - flatbed94kid - 07-19-2019

Clutch? Idk, how long has it been going on?

Some trucks have a code that will display when you turn the key off and on several times.like my automatic then you can Google the code to get an idea of where to start. Maybe remove the clutch housing cover to look for damage?
xy shifter going bad?

RE: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird - Satch - 07-20-2019

As of now, I get code 88. The other day I had a transmission fault code at the traffic light. It wouldn't do anything until I disconnected batteries and waited a few minutes. I believe they were 17 and 34. I'll double check.

She drove fine today. But you kinda have to drive it line a 13 speed. One has to let off the throttle during gear switching. Not let rpm go lower than 1200to 1300.

Does the xy shifter need to be calibrated after install?

RE: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird - mikealike - 07-22-2019

(07-20-2019 )Satch Wrote:  As of now, I get code 88. The other day I had a transmission fault code at the traffic light. It wouldn't do anything until I disconnected batteries and waited a few minutes. I believe they were 17 and 34. I'll double-check.

She drove fine today. But you kinda have to drive it to line a 13 speed. One has to let off the throttle during gear switching. Not let rpm go lower than 1200to 1300.

Does the XY shifter need to be calibrated after install?

normally when I've replaced the XY shifter I follow the details from the install card and it should be fine. Now I had one that's a 3rd gen shifter on the 1 gen setup and it needed to be calibrated. Called my buddy from Rush and he had it rolling after a couple of minutes with the computer hooked up

RE: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird - Satch - 07-22-2019

Thanks for the response. She still driving
I'm hoping she'll be alright till I get her home. Be gentle lol...

It's a shot in the dark trying ti figure this out with out a code reader.

RE: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird - Sergiu - 08-08-2019

It might be the clutch and input shaft. Better go to your local shop and check it now than calling the towing later

RE: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird - hhow55 - 08-08-2019

https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/forms/vehicle/contact-us-vehicle-group.html

may want to contact eaton.

RE: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird - Brock - 08-08-2019

If you have a inline adapter or neqix then download service ranger, its amazing for diagnostics on them auto shifts.