Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
EGR / DPF DE-MANDATE - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: EGR / DPF DE-MANDATE (/showthread.php?tid=4880)

Pages: 1 2 3

EGR / DPF DE-MANDATE - RaideRue - 07-31-2019

So I’m doing a EGR / DPF {de-mandate} soon and I wanted to ask if anybody has done
A bypass to the exhaust when taking off the DPF and DEF filters?

Some people drill holes thru the DPF filter but I don’t want to damage it
I simply just want to do a straight pipe set up wondering if anybody has done it before
Or if there is some pros and cons.

Anything would help thank you all.

UPDATE:
Ended up removing the cans completely and did the straight pipe system after the delete loving how the truck sounds just wish the jakes were louder lol. Thanks to everyone for their input.

[attachment=5342]

RE: EGR / DPF DELETE - SquareOne - 07-31-2019

If you’re going for a factory look, you’re going to have to fully remove the guts of everything. Basically empty cans. Don’t half a$$ it as it will only cause many more expensive issues down the line.

Only other option would be to remove all entirely and straight pipe it, but would definitely not look factory....also depending on the type of truck, it may be very loud and have a constant drone. Everyone around will know when you ‘Jake’ lol!

There’s plenty of info on this subject. Type in keywords related to this topic in the search bar on the left above the chat box. You should have plenty info on what you’re wanting to do.

RE: EGR / DPF DELETE - Lonestar10 - 07-31-2019

if you want straights just pull the can system out and run a straights and call it a day. no damage to anything just ...loudness. your not gona fool anyone with loud exhaust and the cans still on the truck.

RE: EGR / DPF DELETE - RaideRue - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019 )SquareOne Wrote:  If you’re going for a factory look, you’re going to have to fully remove the guts of everything. Basically empty cans. Don’t half a$$ it as it will only cause many more expensive issues down the line.

Only other option would be to remove all entirely and straight pipe it, but would definitely not look factory....also depending on the type of truck, it may be very loud and have a constant drone. Everyone around will know when you ‘Jake’ lol!

There’s plenty of info on this subject. Type in keywords related to this topic in the search bar on the left above the chat box. You should have plenty info on what you’re wanting to do.

Thank you for the info, the truck is an 11 386 ISX15 idk how loud it would get honestly never heard one straight besides YouTube videos lol

RE: EGR / DPF DELETE - RaideRue - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  if you want straights just pull the can system out and run a straights and call it a day. no damage to anything just ...loudness. your not gona fool anyone with loud exhaust and the cans still on the truck.

Thank you. I’ll see how loud it gets straight if it’s too load I’ll go other route.

RE: EGR / DPF DELETE - smorgan87 - 08-01-2019

Ive got 2 isx's both with a straight 5" stack. 871 is prty loud outside the cab under power but relatively quiet inside. This 2350 is a good bit quieter. Probably because of that tiny little turbo and 4" downpipe.

RE: EGR / DPF DELETE - david24 - 08-01-2019

I have a cm2350 and I'm looking to get it deleted as well. I'm in Waynesboro, Mississippi. Anyone close that can do it the right way for me?

RE: EGR / DPF DELETE - Chamberpains - 08-01-2019

For the programming talk to Mr. Hagg, Unilevers or MommaBurt. For the rest, do your research to do it properly and get at it yourself. If your too afraid, too old and weak or too lazy to get at it yourself than your not ready to stay competitive in this trucking world.

Learn, get dirty, learn, cuss, swear, learn, get dirty and repeat. Learning and knowing your equipment and what was actually done to it will keep your money in your pocket longer. Knowledge is power and money.

RE: EGR / DPF DELETE - david24 - 08-01-2019

(08-01-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  For the programming talk to Mr. Hagg, Unilevers or MommaBurt. For the rest, do your research to do it properly and get at it yourself. If your too afraid, too old and weak or too lazy to get at it yourself than your not ready to stay competitive in this trucking world.

Learn, get dirty, learn, cuss, swear, learn, get dirty and repeat. Learning and knowing your equipment and what was actually done to it will keep your money in your pocket longer. Knowledge is power and money.
It has nothing to do with being old weak or lazy. It's just some stuff I would rather be done by someone with more expertise than myself. So stop acting like you do every single thing on your own. No one knows everything bro