Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Cummins ISX engine oil? - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Cummins ISX engine oil? (/showthread.php?tid=5645)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Cummins ISX engine oil? - Meanwhile - 01-12-2022

Last week I started asking around to see if anyone knew where I could get a 55 gallon drum of Rotella and found one at a small distributor. The lady I talked to said that Shell has them on allocation, that they aren't a big Shell distributor which makes it harder for them to get any. She said if the ordered 8 drums they may only get 2. Maybe check around your area to see if the small distributors have something or know of someone who does?

RE: Cummins ISX engine oil? - Colter - 01-12-2022

(01-10-2022 )SquareOne Wrote:  
(01-09-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Yea but they don't have any right now, haven't for months.

Yep same here in the gulf south. I searched within a 500mi radius and couldn't find any. Hard to believe Rotella is that low on supply. Def gives those who have any supply the opportunity to price gouge. Some places around here I've seen ask over $35/gallon! Ridiculous.....guess I'm about to be a Delo man here in the next month or so. Hate to switch, but different oil is better than well used oil....hopefully lol.

We've been using Delo quite a bit with no complaints in the last 2 years, 10w30 and 15w40 in both 400 and some 600. 600 is too new to advocate for their supposed extended service life which needs to be double to justify the outrageous price.
However in the last six weeks we've been scrambling to find anything other then jugs and the odd pail, apparently as per my supplier a factory fire is affecting supply here.

RE: Cummins ISX engine oil? - hookliftpete - 01-12-2022

Walmart in Palmyra Pa has had steady supply of rotella 15/40 in the 2.5 gal jugs.

RE: Cummins ISX engine oil? - tree98 - 01-12-2022

(01-12-2022 )hookliftpete Wrote:  Walmart in Palmyra Pa has had steady supply of rotella 15/40 in the 2.5 gal jugs.

Better buy a bunch, I bet they won't have it for long.

RE: Cummins ISX engine oil? - hookliftpete - 01-12-2022

Im well stocked,just keep picking it up here and there in the meanwhile ;)

RE: Cummins ISX engine oil? - SquareOne - 01-13-2022

(01-12-2022 )hookliftpete Wrote:  Im well stocked,just keep picking it up here and there in the meanwhile ;)

Thats what I had been doing as well, till supply ran out. I def thought the stock would've turned around within the few months of me actually needing it, but it only seems to have gotten worse around here. Recently, Rotella did come available from Tractor Supply (ship to store). I grabbed 2 more changes worth since that's all they would let me purchase. Should keep me going nearly to the middle of the year on supply before running low again....maybe by thennnnn it will be back a little closer to normal?? Then again maybe the higher price will keep that 'low supply' excuse hanging around a little longer. Hmmmm....

BTW, the price/gal was $14.67.....although higher, at least much more reasonable than what others are trying to get around here.

RE: Cummins ISX engine oil? - RollinCoal - 01-13-2022

Just ordered a case (6 gal) from sams for $83 shipped, Now just to wait and see if it will actually come in

RE: Cummins ISX engine oil? - tree98 - 01-13-2022

(01-13-2022 )SquareOne Wrote:  
(01-12-2022 )hookliftpete Wrote:  Im well stocked,just keep picking it up here and there in the meanwhile ;)

I def thought the stock would've turned around within the few months of me actually needing it, but it only seems to have gotten worse around here.

Joe Bidens America..............

RE: Cummins ISX engine oil? - Rawze - 01-14-2022

(01-13-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Joe Bidens America..............

shut down all the ports and then fine the h#ell out of all the ships that sit off-shore.. that is what these democrats have done on purpose.

Seems these crooks and crooked bas#tards are literally trying to drive the whole country into the ground as hard and as fast as they can.

go look up what stock they all hold.. and where their moneys are really coming from.. you will find that it is all foreign invested and the more they can run things down.. the more money they make.

Welcome to the 1970's all over again!.