Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: CAT, Detroit, and Other engine related Help... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+--- Thread: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring (/showthread.php?tid=5658)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring - Brock - 01-06-2020

2006 60 series

I was driving down the highway when it randomly started misfiring, I couldn't accelerate and barely limped to a safe spot when it died.

To get it to start I have to hold the key and hold the throttle down, it will fire up but I need to keep the pedal floored or it will instantly stall, even then it will missfire very bad, smokes and wont rev up very high before sputtering out and dying.

No check engine light, lights do come on with key on ao they are not burned out and ecm is connecting.

Changed fuel filter and gaskets, really thought that was the problem as the bottom gasket in my Davco was cracked....

[attachment=6044]

Didnt fix the problem, so I pulled the valve cover and didnt see anything wrong up there although I did not remove the jake assembly. I also checked turbo to make sure it wasnt seized or anything.

No air bubbles in Davco, no air bubbles in fuel tanks, all 6 injectors reman detroit, fuel pressure check valve at back of head and fuel pump replaced last winter.

I plan on bringing my laptop in the morning but am not sure that will do much good as it wont run to do a cylinder cutout. Going to check fuel pressure and remove and clean the check valve on the davco. I've heard either the trs or srs can act up without throwing a code so I'm thinking about checking them.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Of course the trucks on the side of the road and it's going to be -23c tomorrow ffs!!

RE: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring - snailexpress - 01-06-2020

Main fuel filter is clogged??????

RE: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring - Brock - 01-06-2020

(01-06-2020 )snailexpress Wrote:  Main fuel filter is clogged??????

Only has a Davco, no other filter.

RE: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring - Chamberpains - 01-06-2020

(01-06-2020 )Brock Wrote:  
(01-06-2020 )snailexpress Wrote:  Main fuel filter is clogged??????

Only has a Davco, no other filter.

That sounds really odd. There should be a filter on the engine itself.

RE: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring - Waterloo - 01-06-2020

There has to be a fuel filter on there, the Davco is just a water separator.

RE: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring - hhow55 - 01-06-2020

Turbo actuator in need of adjustment?

100% there is only the Davco 382, if I remember correctly, the n3 injectors need a low mic filter on the davco so maybe a secondary isnt necessary. I verified with detroit and western star before as I thought that was odd.

Hhow55, I have the vnt removed and a bw 171702 on.

I am wondering if that filter rubber I posted a pic of didnt split, but instead wonder if that V shape you can see is a chunk of rubber missing? Maybe it came apart and is blocking the fuel line.

Nope, that wasnt the problem, check valve on davco good, on to the next idea...

RE: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring - snailexpress - 01-06-2020

(01-06-2020 )Brock Wrote:  Nope, that wasnt the problem, check valve on davco good, on to the next idea...
If piece of rubber got in fuel pump/ actuator???????