Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
On the side of the road... - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: On the side of the road... (/showthread.php?tid=5683)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

On the side of the road... - hookliftpete - 01-11-2020

Finally did the gear pump on my isc, started up no issues, sat in the driveway and ran fine for half hour, took it out for a spin, one of the quick connect low pressure fittings popped off on the filter...truck died, reconnected line, won’t start. Measured pressure is 150aporox, tried to bleed line, no air cans out. Any ideas? Thanks!!

RE: On the side of the road... - tree98 - 01-12-2020

There is probably air in it still. How are you bleeding the air out?

RE: On the side of the road... - hookliftpete - 01-12-2020

Cracked the filter open, no air coming out. Lift pump is running fine at key on.

RE: On the side of the road... - tree98 - 01-12-2020

Is fuel coming out?

Looks like it, hard to tell at the moment, getting a hook.

RE: On the side of the road... - Signature620 - 01-12-2020

Pop the line off the bottom of the high pressure fuel pump. Put it back on when fuel flows out.

I’ll do that first thing in the am. Kind of what I was thinking, there’s not much piping between the filter and high pressure side of the pump. Thanks!!!

Just got it started,put some air to the tank overflow and popped the high pressure supply off. Checked the click on low pressure fittings again, look good with an inspection mirror...paranoid this will happen again...thanks for the help!!!

And...no...left it running in the driveway about 20 min, same hose and fitting popped off again....