Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Electrical Test Lead Kit - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Electrical Test Lead Kit (/showthread.php?tid=5994)

Electrical Test Lead Kit - kozakvod - 03-23-2020

The Cummins "test lead kit" Part Number 5299367 that QuickServe says I need in order to properly test the connectors, etc.

I'm still having Code 3567 going active so obviously there's something going on with either an intermittently bad doser or the connector (MY SUSPICION) or wires to the ECM or or or

My challenge is physically getting to doser side connector because my SCR on the left side, DPF on the right side and the drive line smack dab in the middle of the two with the Decomp tube and doser setting way up above them. Point is I can't even see the inside of the doser side connector to make sure I get my meter probes accurately on the pins to check resistance.

The Cummins test lead kit is $230 online. Does anyone know of a lesser expensive option that would work for my situation?

RE: Electrical Test Lead Kit - snailexpress - 03-23-2020

(03-23-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  The Cummins "test lead kit" Part Number 5299367 that QuickServe says I need in order to properly test the connectors, etc.

I'm still having Code 3567 going active so obviously there's something going on with either an intermittently bad doser or the connector (MY SUSPICION) or wires to the ECM or or or

My challenge is physically getting to doser side connector because my SCR on the left side, DPF on the right side and the drive line smack dab in the middle of the two with the Decomp tube and doser setting way up above them. Point is I can't even see the inside of the doser side connector to make sure I get my meter probes accurately on the pins to check resistance.

The Cummins test lead kit is $230 online. Does anyone know of a lesser expensive option that would work for my situation?

Do you remember or have it on paper the doser valve part number. If valve is same as any other trucks use you can buy plug with terminals to make test leads.
almost any connectors, terminals (male or female) you can find on Mouser or Digikey online store. Also you need tool to disassemble plug terminals.
https://amzn.to/3afHjl1
or something similar.

RE: Electrical Test Lead Kit - Mike in NC - 03-25-2020

Here is a link to a set I have used that a former co-worker has.

jumperkits

RE: Electrical Test Lead Kit - Rawze - 03-25-2020

(03-25-2020 )Mike in NC Wrote:  Here is a link to a set I have used that a former co-worker has.

looks a little shady to me. - comes back to someone's house, not an actual company.

RE: Electrical Test Lead Kit - Mike in NC - 03-25-2020

Rawze,
You are correct that it is a private thing, but compared to the Cummins kit and the ones sold on the tool truck, it is a decent set.I have used this kit many times, before I got my Cummins kit, and it worked good.

RE: Electrical Test Lead Kit - JimT - 03-27-2020

When I replaced my DEF Doser I had to drop the driveshaft to gain access to it. I just disconnected the U-joint at the differential then unbolted the carrier bearing from the frame. Just remember to mark the u-joint so that you reassemble it the same way it came off. Also helpful to mark the location where the carrier bearing actually bolts in to the frame so that you don't reinstall it too far left or right. Once the drive shaft was out of the way it was easy to access the doser and with it off I could also see in to the decomp tube to make sure there was no dried DEF buildup.