Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Dumb question (about tranny fluid) - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Pete & KW related Help... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: Dumb question (about tranny fluid) (/showthread.php?tid=6039)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Dumb question - Lonestar10 - 04-04-2020

Look for places like tsc tractor supply, or ag dealers they will usually be the best prices over a truck dealers huge markups

RE: Dumb question - Waterloo - 04-04-2020

I take mine into either Speedco or TA, use their 80-90 semi syn, cheaper for them to do it vs finding a 5 gallon pail of the stuff and then trying to pump it in. I would call them and see what they are charging.

RE: Dumb question - Ballerxl - 04-04-2020

No speedco or ta around here I’m in oilfield country southeast New Mexico.. and tractor supply is all out of 80w90 lol.. just my luck

RE: Dumb question - Waterloo - 04-04-2020

Oh that sucks!

RE: Dumb question - Mattman - 04-04-2020

You will need some type of pump to get the oil from the bucket into the transmission.

I replaced my transmission with regular gear oil not synthetic. Auto parts store should have a bucket of gear oil.

RE: Dumb question - Chamberpains - 04-04-2020

Check napa or auto parts stores also. They often times have 5 gallon pales some where. They'll often have the 5 gallon bucket pumps too.

RE: Dumb question - JimT - 04-04-2020

Last TA I checked quoted me around $450 total (I think) for transmission gear oil change. Large part of the cost they said was the oil itself. Sounded about right to me.

RE: Dumb question - Ballerxl - 04-04-2020

Yea from the prices I saw ranged from 90 to 160.. but I’ll grab some from the auto parts store here and go from there .. thanks guys

RE: Dumb question - Mattman - 04-04-2020

When using buckets I will set them up side down and let the additives that may have settled to the bottom of the bucket get back in the mix.

Yes I am weird about some things.