Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Rawze adrino setup - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: International Trucks Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: Rawze adrino setup (/showthread.php?tid=6178)

Pages: 1 2

Rawze adrino setup - Daytripper - 05-17-2020

Is their anyone on this site who would be willing to build me (and program) a couple of adrino units for my prostar? I'm sick of dealing with the shi**y factory system every spring! I refuse to waste my money at the stealership! Please pm me if you can accommodate this...thanks in advance.

RE: Rawze adrino setup - Nilao - 05-17-2020

Did you need the power wiring and sensors pre-wired or is that something you could manage on your own?

RE: Rawze adrino setup - kozakvod - 05-18-2020

I have a guy that build mine, and after reading through Rawze's thread on this I'm still WAY confused on how the thing gets wired in, is it tied into the existing system, what turns it on and off or is that the main AC switch, how does it connect to the compressor, etc.?

I've had a major ongoing issue with my AC that I have to get fixed and I see this is probably my only option and I will NOT let the stealership lay another hand on my truck ever again. Soooo....

Can anyone offer another link to answer these questions or just the answers.

RE: Rawze adrino setup - Lonestar10 - 05-18-2020

Rawze has a post on here somewhere explaining how to do and the coding.

(05-18-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Rawze has a post on here somewhere explaining how to do and the coding.

I actually learned about it from that thread of RAWZE’s but how it all ties into the existing AC system is where Im baffled.

Basically the Arduino does every thing but controll the HVAC fan and blend doors. I think the high pressure switch might be still connected to truck for engine fan maybe not but a properly coded Arduino with a temp sensor in the evap to control compressor on off based on temp of evap so it doesn't freeze over, then I'm sure you could decipher the signal from high pressure switch hook it to Arduino then set a engine fan on/off and emergency compressor turn off pressures in the coding.

IDK if there's a way to tell body controller to turn fan on with this setup. If you wire a 2nd activatable ground on fan solenoid the ecm/bcm might throw a code when fan activates but won't hurt anything.

So parts
Arduino
Wiring
Temp probe for evap
Coding
Reuse trucks HVAC sensors that are needed

(05-18-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Basically the Arduino does every thing but controll the HVAC fan and blend doors. I think the high pressure switch might be still connected to truck for engine fan maybe not but a properly coded Arduino with a temp sensor in the evap to control compressor on off based on temp of evap so it doesn't freeze over, then I'm sure you could decipher the signal from high pressure switch hook it to Arduino then set a engine fan on/off and emergency compressor turn off pressures in the coding.

IDK if there's a way to tell body controller to turn fan on with this setup. If you wire a 2nd activatable ground on fan solenoid the ecm/bcm might throw a code when fan activates but won't hurt anything.

So parts
Arduino
Wiring
Temp probe for evap
Coding
Reuse trucks HVAC sensors that are needed

Gotcha, but HOW does it physically tie into the existing system.

You don't tie it in it would be stand alone turn the AC on by turning Arduino on when Arduino is off or on rest of the system would work independently.

a relay to turn fan circuit on/off

You put a relay controlled by Arduino to turn compressor on/off . And the evap temp probe, high pressure sensor, fan relay, and compressor relay would be tied into the Arduino.

Rest of the system fans/blend doors would still be controlled by trucks current system. But all AC components would be tied to Arduino.

RE: Rawze adrino setup - smorgan87 - 05-18-2020

Id be interested in having someone build one for my 11 model too if someones interested.