Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Prostar pos help - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Prostar pos help (/showthread.php?tid=6225)

Prostar pos help - Fubar - 06-01-2020

No idea where to start but....... fixed the ac issue on my 2016 prostar Cummins isx... it was low on Freon 0.51 level. Paid $222 to get it vacuumed and recharged. Blows cold as hell now, coming back into Florida to be home for the weekend as I have a 2 drop outside from my house truck has been off for 5 hours and I was mowing my lawn n drinking. I go to my truck to get something and inside the cab I smell smoke. Looking around like a crazy person and I look out to the hood see smoke coming from the engine. I pop the hood see fire behind my fuel filter I grabbed my gallon of water and put it out without thinking. After freaking out I got down on the ground with a flashlight looking where it started. The starter was burnt also the harnesses around it so no idea how or why it caught on fire with my truck being off. Thankfully I have 15k miles left on warranty so I paid the $375 to get it towed to the dealer 47 miles away and now waiting to hear from them. Has anyone ever had that happen to their truck? I’m still at a dead end as to how it happened.

RE: Prostar pos help - Waterloo - 06-02-2020

Mine should have burnt down, a 2008 ProStar, battery cable from factory was missing more than a few feet of the cable jacket on all cables. The main power to the starter was missing a full 10 inches of that rubber jacket, and yes, this came from the factory like that. When you get it home, I would recommend getting under the truck and start doing some real inspections, the dealer will slap a band aid on the problem, and more than likely they will not even figure out what happened anyways, they will feed you a line of BS and you will wake up as a s'mores one night in the truck as it burns to the ground. Never trust the dealer with this stuff, this is something that can and will kill you.

RE: Prostar pos help - Fubar - 06-02-2020

(06-02-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Mine should have burnt down, a 2008 ProStar, battery cable from factory was missing more than a few feet of the cable jacket on all cables. The main power to the starter was missing a full 10 inches of that rubber jacket, and yes, this came from the factory like that. When you get it home, I would recommend getting under the truck and start doing some real inspections, the dealer will slap a band aid on the problem, and more than likely they will not even figure out what happened anyways, they will feed you a line of BS and you will wake up as a s'mores one night in the truck as it burns to the ground. Never trust the dealer with this stuff, this is something that can and will kill you.

I appreciate it sir..... paid $375 to have it towed to closest shop now they are saying it will be a few days to get it in the shop. Thinking of spending little more and taking it to a good shop which I should have done.