Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
crank case pressure - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: crank case pressure (/showthread.php?tid=65)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

crank case pressure - scowman - 02-26-2016

keep getting crank case pressure warning changed filter and sensor any suggestions

RE: crank case pressure - Crafter - 02-26-2016

I have the same issue and think it's my air compressor. I have a lot of moister/condensation in mine. Not coolant, no color to the water. The only thing that came up after searching was that my air compressor can be causing this.

I did a few things until I can afford to address my compressor. After replacing the filter and sensor, (waste of money) I took my old sensor and zip tied it outside and connected the wiring harness. So technically I still have my new sensor in the box but the wires are connected to a completely different sensor. Since the sensor minimum reading is 0, now my crankcase reads Zero. Mind you, I did this after reading many posts by Rawze on how useless this filter is. Also, my dad says, back in my day this was a hose that would go down to the bottom of the truck and have the oil or water just leak on the floor.

To address the condensation, I unplugged the 1/4" oil return hose, just so I don't have oil and water issues later.

I get why it's there, I just don't know how to get around it until I fix my other issues.

I also have drilled a hole through my filter. I have to say, after doing this, my truck just feels better, pulls better, seems like it's breathing again.

RE: crank case pressure - Cuya - 02-26-2016

I found this on search - crank case filter hole

Most guy make big hole here in filter on plastic part only. Work very well for pressure relief.

[attachment=8659]

Quote:Added by rawze:
I found someone post here about the alternative filter with a large hole already drilled in by cummins too.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1051&pid=8950#pid8950

Here is more info about ccp and fumes .. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1051&pid=9322#pid9322

Tags:
crank case filter, crank case filter hole, hole in crank case filter,drill crank case filter, crankcase hole, crankcase filter hole, crank case hole

RE: crank case pressure - Brock - 02-28-2016

I had the same issue. I changed filters, sensor and drilled the filter out.... then I checked the wiring. my wires were weak about a inch from the plugs clip. Cummins sells a pigtail so I just spliced in a new one.

RE: crank case pressure - dbl overdrive - 02-29-2016

I have seen the check valve in the filter casing plug up and get stuck shut . Also the spring inside the valve gets bound up because it's very weak causing it to stick shi#t.

RE: crank case pressure - sbtrucking - 03-05-2016

(02-26-2016 )Cuya Wrote:  i found this on search

What is the hole for?
i didnt drill mine

RE: crank case pressure - ynot - 03-05-2016

If the trucks been tuned and the sensor has been taken care of, drilling the hole helps lower crank case pressures which in turn let's the motor turn easier leading to some extra HP and a smidgin more mpg

RE: crank case pressure - ynot - 03-05-2016

If the trucks been tuned and the sensor has been taken care of, drilling the hole helps lower crank case pressures which in turn let's the motor turn easier leading to some extra HP and a smidgin more mpg

RE: crank case pressure - gearhead - 03-06-2016

If you have crank case pressure issues you have one or more of three things that can cause this. One too much blowby from piston rings. Two aircompressor is pushing pressure into crank case. Three the turbo seal is allowing boost pressure to cross into oil drain which goes into crank case. Rawze has video on how to check blowby with homemade manometer.