Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Adjust throttle response in Insite - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Adjust throttle response in Insite (/showthread.php?tid=6871)

Pages: 1 2 3

Adjust throttle response in Insite - Skman - 12-21-2020

I've got a 2013 2250 and the throttle can be really touchy. It's especially noticable when bobtailing and will try to jackrabbit all the time. Even when loaded it'll try spin the tires coming off a highway onto gravel if you're not super careful.
Just wondering if there's a setting to adjust the sensitivity somewhere in Cummins InSite?

RE: Adjust throttle response in Insite - marek4792 - 12-21-2020

Was it tuned, if so by who? Sounds like a bad tune where someone messed with the behavioral stuff on it that should never be messed with..

RE: Adjust throttle response in Insite - redbeard - 12-21-2020

I have a 2250 and if it’s doing a passive regen it’s truly a pain to be smooth at take off. Does yours do it all the time?

RE: Adjust throttle response in Insite - marek4792 - 12-21-2020

Have an x15 and it is not snappy unless I load the clutch too much or too much fuel. Try loading the clutch without giving it fuel.

RE: Adjust throttle response in Insite - Skman - 12-22-2020

(12-21-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Was it tuned, if so by who? Sounds like a bad tune where someone messed with the behavioral stuff on it that should never be messed with..
Yeah it's tuned. I bought it already tuned from somewhere in Quebec. Not sure what file is on it. I talked with Unilever awhile back but he wasn't really seeing anybody because of COVID. Maybe I'll reach out again and see if we can hook up remotely.

RE: Adjust throttle response in Insite - Skman - 12-22-2020

(12-21-2020 )redbeard Wrote:  I have a 2250 and if it’s doing a passive regen it’s truly a pain to be smooth at take off. Does yours do it all the time?
Mine is deleted. It does it quite often unless you're really careful on the pedal. And if you hit a bump and your foot happens to touch the throttle a bit too much...it's like a bucking bronco haha

RE: Adjust throttle response in Insite - Rawze - 12-22-2020

Get yourself a copy of CT (c a l t e r m) and pull a copy of the program out of it yourself. - e-mail it it over to me and I will tell you exactly what someone did.

9/10 chance it is a bad delete program ... I review maybe 500+ programs for ppl in a year and it is a rarety to see something not downright harmful, nonetheless half-way right. For all you know, someone could have screwed with all the torque and accelerator pedal settings and caused it to be jumpy.

here is some reading in the mean time,...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1558

RE: Adjust throttle response in Insite - LRT1549 - 12-22-2020

(12-21-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Have an x15 and it is not snappy unless I load the clutch too much or too much fuel. Try loading the clutch without giving it fuel.

Not Sure what you mean by loading the clutch, however if your giving that engine fuel as you let out the clutch like you would in a car STOP DOING THAT Your slipping the clutch and dramatically reducing it's life... Go kick whoever taught you to do that to a truck square in the arse and tell them to learn how to drive a damn truck....

Never... and I mean NEVER give a diesel engine fuel while letting out the clutch. The engine will give it's self all the fuel required to stay running, just learn how to let out a clutch properly.. It's a truck not a damn race car, you don't slam the fuel and dump the clutch......EVER!!!!!!!

RE: Adjust throttle response in Insite - tree98 - 12-22-2020

(12-21-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Have an x15 and it is not snappy unless I load the clutch too much or too much fuel. Try loading the clutch without giving it fuel.

[quote='LRT1549' pid='60748' dateline='1608693980']
The engine will give it's self all the fuel required to stay running

I think that's exactly what he means.