Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Coolant Leak around Compressor - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Coolant Leak around Compressor (/showthread.php?tid=7038)

Coolant Leak around Compressor - rtjohnson1982 - 02-13-2021

Hey everyone, new to the forum and thanks for the invite! I have a 2007 Cummins ISX that has suddenly developed a pretty significant coolant leak around the compressor on drivers side. It look like it may be leaking in the area right above the compressor but its hard to tell. It was a very small leak that has suddenly gotten worse rather quickly. It's leaking even when the truck isn't running and I'm having to the add coolant every few days. It seems like a failed gasket or an o-ring of some sort but I don't know much about how the compressor is mounted or what it could be. I have never had any problems with the compressor so unfortunately I don't know where to start tracking down the leak. Going to try and take pics today and will post them. Thank you for any help with this!!

RE: Coolant Leak around Compressor - tree98 - 02-13-2021

Maybe coming out of the head gasket on the compressor?? There isn't really anything else in that area that could be leaking coolant. Unless your block is cracked but that's not likely.

RE: Coolant Leak around Compressor - Rawze - 02-13-2021

could also be one of the coolant lines (or fittings) that feed the compressor head.

clean the area all up, pressurize the coolant system to 20-PSI and find the leak.