Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Weird trouble code spn 168 fmi 13 - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Weird trouble code spn 168 fmi 13 (/showthread.php?tid=7068)

Pages: 1 2

Weird trouble code spn 168 fmi 13 - Carhauler - 02-22-2021

2015 Pete 389 cm2350. All started over a year ago when someone else drove my truck while I was on vacation and killed the batteries multiple times. (No idea how). Code is active, have cleaned all the cables and grounds I can find, checked relays and fuses. Insite ecm voltage while running is 13.5 to 13.75 all the time. Dash gauge is 13.75-14.0. Batteries read 14.2.
Also changed alternator. I checked insite and it doesn’t even acknowledge the code. The description is battery potential input 1 out of calibration.
Hope someone has a idea. Cause this truck has had weird issues with running sensors and such.
Thanks.

RE: Weird trouble code spn 168 fmi 13 - Rawze - 02-22-2021

unhook batteries for a solid 30 mins (to kill the cab controller memory) then re-connect and clear all codes using some generic software like Jpro, etc.

The Insite software will not clear codes on the vehicles dash modules.

RE: Weird trouble code spn 168 fmi 13 - Carhauler - 02-22-2021

I’ll try it out tonight. Thanks Rawze

RE: Weird trouble code spn 168 fmi 13 - Carhauler - 10-15-2021

Still showing this code active. I have gone through most of the harness and cleaned all grounds and connections. I’m kind of wondering if this is the turbo actuator throwing this code. The code shows the SA as 128 on the can buss. I’ve also been having the actuator throw codes for abnormal uprate. But they never stay active. Just has Over 100 counts.
Vgt position does bounce around, responds very lethargic to commanded and coming down to a idle does “cough” at times. Calibration and test in insite always passes though.

RE: Weird trouble code spn 168 fmi 13 - GhostHauling - 10-15-2021

I checked insite and it doesn’t even acknowledge the code.

Not sure what you meant by this. But I’m taking it as You found this code via a different device like maybe Keep Trucking Fault code monitoring?? If so just wanted to say I’ve had keep trucking in my truck for over a year and Since day one it’s been emailing me Ghost Codes that aren’t on insite. like 5 of those 2 of the same codes every time I drive and I looked them up and heck one of Those codes didn’t exist or I couldn’t find it and the 2 are saying Hi beam out and Low beam out ( which I think may be accurate bc I switched to LEDS that probably use less than the OEM voltage and trigger that) and 2 were weird electrical codes I can’t even remember. keep trucking doesn’t tell me the code info just says SPN-2023 or whatever

RE: Weird trouble code spn 168 fmi 13 - tree98 - 10-16-2021

It's an oem code not an engine code

RE: Weird trouble code spn 168 fmi 13 - GhostHauling - 10-16-2021

So Insite doesn’t let you see anything besides engine codes ? And do these OEM codes throw CEL too? I think I read that international uses some other software for codes like diamond logic or something to that effect but I’ve always been focused on the Engine and the rest of my truck and trailer I didn’t dive deep into other codes and software because there’s so much I’m still learning and trying to master

RE: Weird trouble code spn 168 fmi 13 - Nilao - 10-16-2021

JPro works on Prostars as well as DLB. You just can't see all the inputs but you can read the codes and reset them.

RE: Weird trouble code spn 168 fmi 13 - Rawze - 10-17-2021

Anyone check to see if there is 60 ohms at the 3-pin header? .. might be a lot of your turbo issues. You might want to also consider this can-bus related info ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7407&pid=67656#pid67656