Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit (/showthread.php?tid=7839)

Pages: 1 2

RE: X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit - Hermjeji - 01-08-2022

Those codes are injector solenoid circuit current below normal or open. All combined for the rear bank.

Anyways, I'm shocked anyone would take there truck to a stealer ship without the incentive of warranty. And I know that warranty is also of strong opinion here, but on all of my trucks they've paid for it - ECM, cams, egr coolers, etc. But not the point.

So the history is in the post above, now that this code came back, they're saying it's the injector pass through harness. Kenworth is adamant this is not covered by Warranty, and just wanted to know if anyone has any insight into this? The Protection Plan 1 coverage states "Wiring Harnesses" (plural) are covered. Seems weird to me that all other harnesses are covered except for the injector pass through one.

Also of note, funny that 1.5 months ago only one jake brake rocker was thought to be bad and replaced, and now the entire rear bank of jake brake rocker assemblys are "out of spec". Anyways that's under warranty, and who am I to complain of getting new ones.

RE: X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit - tree98 - 01-08-2022

Well maybe you got lucky and your dealer did the work right, you know with a torque wrench and not just a series of hammers and air guns. If your really lucky they put ALL the bolts back in !! I guess time will tell but you'll be the exception and not the rule. As long as you keep letting them experiment on your engine your gonna be constantly going back. I guess If down time and future parts failures don't matter to you then yea there's no reason to complain.

! that actually cause you to go broke trying to claim!. - Rawze - 01-08-2022

{just generalizing here}...
In your case, if the wiring harness was suspect.. It would not take me 20 minutes to replace it in a parking lot, even with limited tools at hand. I would be down the road, making thousands of $$$ moneys! ... all in the same span of time that it took someone to go argue with them and sit waiting for that "free" sh$it-quality repairs... ... and then have to sit on their couch (that horrible trucker-lounge waiting area they all have), and complain about it. - I would have been putting money in the bank that Friday.. and smiling.. and {most people at this point} will still be complaining.. and behind on that truck payment once again.. and wondering why they are broke after 4 or 5 times of going down that road, and having to take it back to them over and over perpetually.

=================

{Just generalizing here.. not pointing this next bit towards anyone in particular}...

If someone's faith in 'oem' and 'certified' repair shops is that good, then they do not need to be here on Rawze.com.. Who am I but just some shade-tree back-woods red-neck wannabe truck owner who is full of s$it. There is nothing here for people who have lots of faith in the brainwashing OEM repair networks garbage-can repairs. To them, those gods at the stealers$its must make them feel really good while they are raping your equipment with their pliers and speed-guns into half-arssed, in-a-hurry oblivion, all while finding every excuse they can to also drain your wallet. They will do anything that they think they can get away with to weasel their way out of what you think is a "free" repair, so that they can charge you a LOT more money. This All while they themselves are actually making claims and getting paid by the warranty companies claim department.

If a person keeps following the path of taking their truck(s) to these severely under-trained morons, then just Maybe ... They will get lucky and go out of business. This is because they would be just like all the other 85% of people who try to own a truck and fail.

ANYONE THESE DAYS who has this perpetual attitude of "let the over-priced/rip-off OEM shop fix it" attitude all the time eventually always end up on social medai, bragging that its impossible to own a truck these days. - Because that is the path that is taken by letting OEM certified repair shops perform 'warranty' and half-arssed band-aides to your s$it ... all while you slowly go broke!.

- If a person these days does not learn to turn a wrench on it.. and fix on it themselves .. to some medium degree ... then they are doomed!

-- SO MY TAKE ON IT IS THAT YEAH... THOSE WARRANTIES ARE NOT WORTH THE PAPER THEY ARE WRITTEN ON!!!>.. -- I HOPE LIKE H#ELL YOU DID NOT PAY EXTRA MONEYS FOR THAT SO-CALLED "WARRANTY", ABOVE THE TRUCK COSTS .. BECAUSE YOU GOT RIPPED THE H#$ELL OFF!.

HOW MUCH SITTING AND ARGUING AND WARRANTY CLAIMS AND GODDAMN DOWN-TIME AND LOST REVENUE IS WORTH THAT so-called "FREE REPAIR"?. HOW MUCH HAVING TO RE-DO EVERY THING THEY TOUCH IS WORTH THAT "FREE" REPAIR.. HOW MUCH HALF-ARSSED TRASH-CAN, UNDER-TRAINED SPEED-HAPPY REPAIRS THAT THEY ARE DOING TO YOUR EQUIPMENT, THAT IS NOT WORTH 2 CENTS.. IS WORTH THAT "FREE" REPAIR?...

this is why I will generally tell people real fast to...
.... THROW THAT GODDAMN WARRANTY PAPER IN THE TRASH, GO GRAB A WRENCH, GET THE PARTS AND GET BACK TO WORK!!>>>!!!.

THAT OR ...

.. OR GO SELL THE TRUCK BACK TO THEM NOW, WHILE THEY ARE STILL AHEAD OF THE GAME!!! ... AND BECOME A COMPANY DRIVER, WHILE THEY STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO HAVE A FEW $$ IN THE BANK AND HAVEN'T LOST EVERYTHING THEY OWN!!.. BECAUSE THAT IS THE PATH SOMEONE IS ON BY PERUSING THOSE SO-CALLED "FREE", AND "OEM-CERTIFIED" STEALERS$IT REPAIRS, THAT SOLVE MOSTLY NOTHING MUCH AT ALL, BUT INSTEAD WILL CAUSE A TRUCK OWNER TO GO BROKE IN A HURRY, TRYING TO HAVE THINGS DONE THIS WAY.

RE: X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit - Hermjeji - 01-08-2022

I agree with all that's said here. Like I said, I've just been lucky, downtime has happened at times where I could afford do it, or work for our group was just on pause anyways for a few days. There's no doubt that downtime, the arguing, the little "non-warranty" add on's they throw, are a f***k**g pain in the arse.

But there's no doubt that this site gives people that confidence to start hitting it by yourself. I never wanted to touch an engine prior to discovering this site 1.5 years ago.

In hindsight, posting a "What Warranty Covers" question on this site was probably not necessary.

RE: X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit - Rawze - 01-08-2022

(01-08-2022 )Hermjeji Wrote:  ...
In hindsight, posting a "What Warranty Covers" question on this site was probably not necessary.

I have seen more than my share or people in my driveway over the years that had it clearly stated that their warranty covered "all lubricated parts"... while starring at their chewed up overhead cams and other failed components.. only to have them after several weeks of arguing, it costing them $1500+ in parts alone and it NOT be covered at all!... because in the fine print, it also claims it does not "cover unusual wear" of any component... - those warranties are garbage!.

Anything less than a million miles that fails .. is "unusual wear".. so yeah. Its worthless.

but that is completely besides the point.. as stated above.. you could not trust ANY OEM or warranty repair to even do the job half-way right to begin with. So it is mostly a moot point to even discuss what one "covers" because even if engine fails and needs an overhaul kit... and it actually does somehow get covered... I SHUTTER TO THINK HOW HORRIBLE OF A JOB THAT THESE PLACES DO!. You could probably find better quality repairs at your local used car salesmans place (who have never seen a truck engine) than at an OEM, big name stealers%it these days.

- The car industry is just as bad too... if not even worse.

If I purchased a brand new engine and it failed ... I would still rebuild it myself before letting the average OE-certified shop touch it at all -- even if it was for free!. I want to actually make money and have reliable equipment.. and not have to chase my own tail over and over, and it run me in the ground because of the "in a hurry" under-trained methods and slap-it-together atrocities that they would do to it.

RE: X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit - Hermjeji - 01-13-2022

Likelihood of another injector failing?

- Nov 2021, same codes, pass through connector passes with resistance check, injector #5 fails at solenoids. Injector #5 replaced, codes gone.

- Jan 2022, same codes, pass through connector fails, pass through replaced, codes still present. ECM swapped for check due to observation of significant oil at pass through connector, no change in codes. Injector #6 fails at solenoids. Injector#6 to be replaced.

Is this just bad luck? Or is something causing those solenoids to be less than 100k ohms.

RE: X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit - snailexpress - 01-13-2022

(01-13-2022 )Hermjeji Wrote:  Likelihood of another injector failing?

- Nov 2021, same codes, pass through connector passes with resistance check, injector #5 fails at solenoids. Injector #5 replaced, codes gone.

- Jan 2022, same codes, pass through connector fails, pass through replaced, codes still present. ECM swapped for check due to observation of significant oil at pass through connector, no change in codes. Injector #6 fails at solenoids. Injector#6 to be replaced.

Is this just bad luck? Or is something causing those solenoids to be less than 100k ohms.
Swap rear bank injectors to the front and if codes moves to the front you have bad injectors. Otherwise something in wiring. It's not hard to check resistance to verify and compare all six injectors.