Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Catalytic Converter - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Catalytic Converter (/showthread.php?tid=7957)

Catalytic Converter - HankAz - 01-08-2022

Dumb question, how do you know when it's bad?

RE: Catalytic Converter - hookliftpete - 01-08-2022

You referring to the catalyst before the dpf?

RE: Catalytic Converter - HankAz - 01-08-2022

Yup. Is there another

RE: Catalytic Converter - tree98 - 01-08-2022

Some trucks came with a catalytic converter muffler stack. These were trucks that didn't have egr or doc/dpf like the Cat acert engines for example. The only way they "go bad" is to plug up and cause exhaust flow restriction.

What exactly are you referring to?

RE: Catalytic Converter - HankAz - 01-08-2022

The DOC before the DPF 2009 ISX. Just wondering

RE: Catalytic Converter - Rawze - 01-08-2022

(01-08-2022 )HankAz Wrote:  The DOC before the DPF 2009 ISX. Just wondering

when it starts to fail a regen cycle .. or if Insite is showing an average Inhg rating in the "regen hostory" screen .. on the far right column.. of more than 3.0 inhg when looking down thru the history.

here is another thread where someone posted a pic, that shows what I am referring to...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7390&pid=66069#pid66069

On a typical a highway truck, the DOC and DPF will usually last about 600k+ miles if you take proper care of them + take proper care of the engine with regular tune-up work, like I describe in my egr-tune up videos.

- Remember.. that it is the ENGINE ITSELF that makes the soot that clogs them up. If they are clogging up too often then it is an ENGINE PROBLEM.. not a dpf problem.

RE: Catalytic Converter - HankAz - 01-11-2022

Thanks Rawze. That's what I was looking for. I just didn't word it right from the beginning.