Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
2013 isx 15 2350 help please - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: 2013 isx 15 2350 help please (/showthread.php?tid=8170)

2013 isx 15 2350 help please - rraccerr - 04-18-2022

Hello Team!
Been trying to see Mr Haggs, but the bill collectors at the door. Right now my coolant reservoir shows less than minimum every morning after idle few hours and shut down at night. When I start engine, the reservoir rises to over full. The pressure pushes it out diffrent locations every morning. Coolant supply to EGR, Bottom of EGR valve, the scr supply coolant tube. Back bunk heater hose.
So I put a hole in radiator cap to release pressure and the reservoir shows no loss but still coolant on ground. Pressure is forcing it out. The engine only has 18 thousand miles from a out of frame rebuild with the same computer remadate. Saw a egr cooler by passs and wondered if this is for me?
You input and time with response is appreciated , be well

RE: 2013 isx 15 2350 help please - Mr Hagg - 04-18-2022

WHo did rebuild? and why was it a out of frame? And was the counter bore done? If so what was height? Was head reused or reman/new from cummins or aftermarket? And is egr exhaust blocked off ?

RE: 2013 isx 15 2350 help please - rraccerr - 04-18-2022

Number 4 piston was shattered and broken where rings were. They said they had to check block and head for cracks. Remanded heads. Job was done by mechanic in Compton. Don’t know about counter bore. Same head just redone. Don’t know if egr exhaust is blocked. Got truck end of October when I put it in beginning of may. $14,500. My friend put it in this shops down I went to work for him. To pay cost and my home bills.
I am idling truck now and I see coolant holding to max level on truck after I drilled hole in the radiator cap. I’m in ohio and I need to get to california to do all test Rawze suggest. I did fuel injector test with insite because mechanic didn’t do it and never mentioned why I kept getting fuel injector 23456 not responding. I set the injectors myself. Mechanic didn’t know how to do it. It wasn’t my pick for mechanic. Now I’m playing the cards I was delt

RE: 2013 isx 15 2350 help please - Mr Hagg - 04-18-2022

TBH this is a scary thing. NEVER reuse head if #4 was shattered no telling what damage was done to head... Head could also be cracked... So at this point you will need to find someone who specializes in this engine and let them do the proper testing before tare down..

RE: 2013 isx 15 2350 help please - rraccerr - 04-18-2022

Ten Four Copy! Thank you! I was thinking of that. I am booking a load to Georgia. Looking forward to meeting you and first checking the program. Rawze recommend that I do this. And checking this problem also. I’ll look for your contact that Rawze sent me earlier.
Thank you and be well

RE: 2013 isx 15 2350 help please - rraccerr - 04-26-2022

(04-18-2022 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  TBH this is a scary thing. NEVER reuse head if #4 was shattered no telling what damage was done to head... Head could also be cracked... So at this point you will need to find someone who specializes in this engine and let them do the proper testing before tare down..

Thank you for your time to fit me into your tight schedule the work done to the truck is remarkable. Well done. You have a great team over there.
We got the work done I came there for, but I still have questions about the smoke and coolant loss
1.I only see smoke from truck at night in headlights of vehicles behind me when I’m climbing a hill. Not during daylight, because you fixed that problem.(Thank you
2. Coolant loss over night engine off. No external leaks

RE: 2013 isx 15 2350 help please - rraccerr - 04-26-2022

(04-18-2022 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  TBH this is a scary thing. NEVER reuse head if #4 was shattered no telling what damage was done to head... Head could also be cracked... So at this point you will need to find someone who specializes in this engine and let them do the proper testing before tare down..

Thank you for your time to fit me into your tight schedule the work done to the truck is remarkable. Well done. You have a great team over there.
We got the work done I came there for, but I still have questions about the smoke and coolant loss

1.I only see smoke from truck at night in headlights of vehicles behind me when I’m climbing a hill. Not during daylight, because you fixed that problem.(Thank you