Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR WARNING - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR WARNING (/showthread.php?tid=8215)

EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR WARNING - Mr Hagg - 05-10-2022

Ok guys I have been getting alot of customers through here with exhaust backpressure code faults. What we are finding is the dealerships are selling and installing these aftermarket. Due to the factory ones are on back order and are coming in slowly. The best way to tell is the factory one will have a bar code and part number on the plastic part of sensor. The after market ones are wrote in the brass part. The aftermarket ones only going for about 2 to 3 months before the fail... So far gotten over 8 doing the same thing in the past 2 months...So be careful what we are buying ....

RE: EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR WARNING - MommaBurt - 05-10-2022

I have seen a lot of failed aftermarket ones recently as well.

RE: EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR WARNING - windowrattler - 05-10-2022

To add to the mix I think there are a lot of grey market ones floating around also. Knock offs in cummins packaging. They have the barcode and number on the plastic and also number in the brass.

RE: EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR WARNING - RollinCoal - 05-10-2022

We been going threw same thing with volvo nox sensors
They will last a couple months at best and we also found they will not take the aftermarkets back for cores either
Anything volvo is back ordered
Cummins parts seems to be in decent supply in this area so If anyone needs some phone numbers for the stealers I mean dealers around here just hit me up.

RE: EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR WARNING - SquareOne - 04-16-2023

Just had this same scenario happen to me. On this truck just purchased (18' w/an X15) I had a couple 'data erratic' or 'above normal' CEL's come up within the last two runs for the IMPA and EBP. One the first 320mi run (IMAP sensor), one the second 320mi run (EBP sensor)

Both of these were purchased online form a supposed OEM source. The aftermarket and counterfeit guys are getting pretty damn good at recreating the Cummins look. From the sensor all the way to the box and packaging. Minus some very slight variances in the lazer-etching (and the fact that they don't work in short time), it is very difficult to tell between true OEM and the knockoff. Windowrattler was spot on about the grey market counterfeits. It def fooled me.

The price should dictate it, but these were not much cheaper than the dealership ones. What a PITA to complete preventative maintenance only to begin chasing a problem you just created.