Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
2013 isx15 cm2350 black oil like substance in Air Intake again - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: 2013 isx15 cm2350 black oil like substance in Air Intake again (/showthread.php?tid=8259)

2013 isx15 cm2350 black oil like substance in Air Intake again - GhostHauling - 06-01-2022

2013 isx15 cm2350 demandated 50k ago and it through a injector solenoid driver cylinder 3 code awhile back one time and I’ve noticed intermittent power loss hardly noticeable until recently still no codes but truck struggles to pull hills empty now so Upon pulling valve cover to check my injector harness and change out injector 3 if I need to and i’ve discovered this black oily substance in my Aron take again I found it like eight months ago and I I thought it was because of turbo slobber since then the turbo has been turned up so to create a bit of boost at idle. What else could this oily substance be? And could this be the cause of my power loss? Also one of the first things I did was pull the fuel filter and put a new one on and cut open the old filter and I didn’t find anything in it.

RE: 2013 isx15 cm2350 black oil like substance in Air Intake again - Rawze - 06-01-2022

that is the air compressor inlet. Looks to me like your air compressor is bleeding oil?.

Also.. why is there pollen inside the intake piping?.. What brand of intake air filters are you using? because they seem not to be doing too good of a job keeping contaminants out of the engine.

RE: 2013 isx15 cm2350 black oil like substance in Air Intake again - GhostHauling - 06-01-2022

Here’s a look under the valve cover

RE: 2013 isx15 cm2350 black oil like substance in Air Intake again - GhostHauling - 06-01-2022

(06-01-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  that is the air compressor inlet. Looks to me like your air compressor is bleeding oil?.

Also.. why is there pollen inside the intake piping?.. What brand of intake air filters are you using? because they seem not to be doing too good of a job keeping contaminants out of the engine.
That makes allot of sense I found oil or that black crap on the air pressure regulator on the cab. And I’m not sure the brand I want to say fleetguard because that is the filters I use. I get them from the stealership. I’ll look into that. I’ll say it’s possible some contaminants got into the piping after I pulled them off but I’ll get a new filter. What brand do you recommend?