Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Sleeper air bags - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: International Trucks Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: Sleeper air bags (/showthread.php?tid=8346)

Pages: 1 2

Sleeper air bags - earnies2 - 07-27-2022

Ok this might sound stupid but here it goes.

I replaced my cab air bags/struts a couple of years ago.
I was doing some work to the truck and noticed my cab was down. I had a new leveling valve so I installed it and no change but the old valve was bad and not sending air to the bags. Now there is air going to the bags the bags are hard but not lifting the cab. Is there a difference in the bags for a skyrise cab? If I put a 4x4 and a jack under the cab and lift it up until I heat the valve exhaust the bags will go up as soon as I let the jack down they go down. There are no air leaks.
I'm stumped
Today I traced the air line from the valve it goes to a line off the air dryer that goes to the solinoid block. It's a ¼inch yellow line. I'm wondering if this might be a reduced pressure port.

RE: Sleeper air bags - earnies2 - 07-27-2022

Update I took the airline off the leveling valve and connected it to my shop air line and the bags came up....
So now my question is where can I tap into a full pressure line.

RE: Sleeper air bags - Yauchout - 07-27-2022

(07-27-2022 )earnies2 Wrote:  Update I took the airline off the leveling valve and connected it to my shop air line and the bags came up....

are you sure your leveling valve is properly adjusted that line should be full pressure

RE: Sleeper air bags - Nilao - 07-27-2022

That line is full pressure. That port will not open until 90 psi and it also closes off to protect the rest of the system. Could you have plumbed the leveling valve backwards? meaning down is up and up is down? Easy way to check that is to remove the leveling rod and move the arm the opposite way.

RE: Sleeper air bags - DVT873 - 07-27-2022

Does the line from the leveling valve go to one of those solenoids? Would have to be the blue line. What does the label read on the solenoid that the blue line is going to? Post your VIN and i might be able to find the air schematic.

Yesterday we had an air ride suspension that wouldn't go up. The solenoids were bad. I could see green powder in the air port. Did not cut it open but it looks like moisture got inside and corroded the copper windings on the solenoid.

Don't know why Nav would plumb that way but they do many mysterious things.

RE: Sleeper air bags - Nilao - 07-27-2022

On my prostar that T diverted the air directly to the cab leveling valve. Those valves were just for the horn, 5th wheel release, 5th wheel slide, and suspension bag dump.

RE: Sleeper air bags - DVT873 - 07-27-2022

I missed the T. That makes sense.

(07-27-2022 )Yauchout Wrote:  
(07-27-2022 )earnies2 Wrote:  Update I took the airline off the leveling valve and connected it to my shop air line and the bags came up....

are you sure your leveling valve is properly adjusted that line should be full pressure
I checked the valve and it's plumbed correctly and it's calling for air.

(07-27-2022 )Nilao Wrote:  That line is full pressure. That port will not open until 90 psi and it also closes off to protect the rest of the system. Could you have plumbed the leveling valve backwards? meaning down is up and up is down? Easy way to check that is to remove the leveling rod and move the arm the opposite way.
I'm sure it's correct the 2 ports are supply and suspension. It's the correct valve and it's quality it's a new way valve.