Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
2015 CM2350 Water Pump - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: 2015 CM2350 Water Pump (/showthread.php?tid=8441)

2015 CM2350 Water Pump - Hermjeji - 09-15-2022

Hi Folks. My water pump is leaking coolant when the truck has cooled down, it's leaking from the connection highlighted below. Once the truck has warmed up, it does not leak anymore. Is it possible that it's just that O-ring?

2015 CM2350, approx 12000 hours.

RE: 2015 CM2350 Water Pump - SquareOne - 09-15-2022

I'd imagine it would be possible, but I believe you would have to pull the entire manifold to get to it. Just replaced my water pump last week (the pump itself, not the manifold), and it looks like the manifold is def a time consuming job depending on the truck application.

- It would be a good idea to have a new pump just incase there is an issue with your original. You can always return if not used. Definitely get every O-ring associated with the removal of that pump. Hate to do all that work only to have another leak which would require the process be repeated.

RE: 2015 CM2350 Water Pump - Hermjeji - 12-01-2022

(09-15-2022 )SquareOne Wrote:  I'd imagine it would be possible, but I believe you would have to pull the entire manifold to get to it. Just replaced my water pump last week (the pump itself, not the manifold), and it looks like the manifold is def a time consuming job depending on the truck application.

- It would be a good idea to have a new pump just incase there is an issue with your original. You can always return if not used. Definitely get every O-ring associated with the removal of that pump. Hate to do all that work only to have another leak which would require the process be repeated.

Just as an FYI - you don't have to pull the manifold - it was just the o-ring in there, you can shimmy it out pretty easily. About 1 hour of total work.

RE: 2015 CM2350 Water Pump - SquareOne - 12-03-2022

Good to know, sure beats the hell outta pulling the manifold !

RE: 2015 CM2350 Water Pump - SquareOne - 02-07-2024

(12-01-2022 )Hermjeji Wrote:  ...Just as an FYI - you don't have to pull the manifold - it was just the o-ring in there, you can shimmy it out pretty easily. About 1 hour of total work.

So here we are a year later, and I'm seeing seepage from the same place as Hermjeji's pic in the earlier post from last year. So, just to be clear, you were able to replace that O-ring at that point without removing the manifold? Seems like the O-ring at that location is recessed into the manifold which would require the manifold to move forward (or the pipe backward) in order to gain access...

It's been a few months since Hermjeji has been on here, but does anyone else have experience with this procedure? Be nice to be able to replace without removing the entire manifold...

RE: 2015 CM2350 Water Pump - Rawze - 02-07-2024

(02-07-2024 )SquareOne Wrote:  
(12-01-2022 )Hermjeji Wrote:  ...Just as an FYI - you don't have to pull the manifold - it was just the o-ring in there, you can shimmy it out pretty easily. About 1 hour of total work.

So here we are a year later, and I'm seeing seepage from the same place as Hermjeji's pic in the earlier post from last year. So, just to be clear, you were able to replace that O-ring at that point without removing the manifold? Seems like the O-ring at that location is recessed into the manifold which would require the manifold to move forward (or the pipe backward) in order to gain access...

It's been a few months since Hermjeji has been on here, but does anyone else have experience with this procedure? Be nice to be able to replace without removing the entire manifold...

just some thoughts...

If it is seeping again then the most common cause it that mating surfaces were not cleaned and polished well enough?...

Or maybe pressure relief cap on the coolant system is allowing the coolant to go more than 15-psi (20psi max) , and it found a weak point?.

Or maybe the components were installed in a way that does not allow for heat expansion of the parts... or in a bind?.

RE: 2015 CM2350 Water Pump - SquareOne - 02-08-2024

Maybe I should've clarified my earlier post...

I've never had the same leak as Hermjeji had experienced earlier in this post. I've only changed my water pump cartridge, not the manifold. He had posted later that he was able to correct his rear water pump manifold leak without removing the manifold itself. I just wanted to verify if this could be done by him or anyone who had performed that leak repair.