Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
ABS J1939 - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: ABS J1939 (/showthread.php?tid=8478)

ABS J1939 - ElJay90 - 10-04-2022

Hey everyone. I've got a fault on the information center that states "ABS J1939". Truck runs great, no derate or other accompanying codes. Truck made it an additional 6 hour drive home after code popping up. I've yet to hook up my laptop and insite to it. Does anyone have any information on this code? Where I should start? Is this best to have an actual mechanic look at?
Truck info:
2016 peterbilt 386
ISX15
Manual transmission

RE: ABS J1939 - Rawze - 10-04-2022

The hub bearings need re-torquing every 250k miles.

When is the last time this was done?.

RE: ABS J1939 - ElJay90 - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  The hub bearings need re-torquing every 250k miles.

When is the last time this was done?.

I've only had the truck a short while and don't have that answer. I don't have the proper tools to perform this yet so I'll get it to the mechanic asap to have them re torqued. Thank you rawze.

RE: ABS J1939 - windowrattler - 10-04-2022

I would think it was popped by a loss of data communication from the abs module. You might need to use different software than Insite. Jpro is pretty good as a generic software to be able to talk with abs, bcm, cecus, etc in all model trucks.

RE: ABS J1939 - jesicat - 10-12-2022

Did it tell you which wheel it's on when you scrolled thru? Maybe check the air gap on your sensor. Sometimes they will vibrate loose in the sleeve.

RE: ABS J1939 - Bengy88 - 10-14-2022

With a j1939 fault my first step without proper diag software would be to check fuses and power/ ground supplies to the abs module. Peterbuilts and kenworths are horrible about corrosion in the fuse pannel causing a voltage drop at the fuse. Remember with no power or ground a module can't communicate on the data link which will cause j1939 faults.... Alot of people overlook this and go directly to a non existant j1939 problem