Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
No codes - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: No codes (/showthread.php?tid=8500)

Pages: 1 2

No codes - adams70 - 10-17-2022

Good morning I am having a problem with the truck. It’s a 2015 kw t680 Cummins isx 15. When I shut it off for my 34hr break it starts fine runs for a minute or so then shuts off. Then when I try to restart it spins over like it’s starving for fuel. Then it starts runs fine. Could this be cam or crank sensor? Also fuel pump new 2 months old, tappets new, barrel valve , backflow,fuel pump actuator too. No codes on insite. Im still learning this Cummins isx15. Thanks for all input.

RE: No codes - Bengy88 - 10-17-2022

If you dont have any obvious fuel leaks or seeps it Sounds like a possible leaking injector or the check valve in your davco if you have one... These can sometimes be the fun ones to figure out.

Rawze has some youtube videos that will help you figure this one out

RE: No codes - Rawze - 10-17-2022

is the electric fuel pump operating?... that would be the one thing to check.

Also.. will it pass a rail leak test?.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7915&pid=69262#pid69262

RE: No codes - adams70 - 10-17-2022

Yes but I will check it again when I turn the key on and off.

Just because it makes noise doesnt mean its pumping, ive found the fastest and messiest way to tell is loosten your fuel filter a lil and switch the key on.... You will know if its pumping

(10-17-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  Just because it makes noise doesnt mean its pumping, ive found the fastest and messiest way to tell is loosten your fuel filter a lil and switch the key on.... You will know if its pumping

Ok

I got one question I had the turbo off when I did my egr cooler. Does the Vgt need to recalibrated ?

RE: No codes - Mr Hagg - 10-17-2022

not if you did not remove vg Actuator itself from turbo.. You need to llook at fuel pressure before you start the truck to see what shes doing. THen look at the fuel pressure as you crank it. Does it jump right or not.... You can also look at cranks and cam sensor see what they are doing normally they will code if bad.... id be leaning on fueling... If you have it running and shut it off will it start right back up? Or does it take a bit to be slow start?