Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Freightliner Coronado Detroit swap - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Freightliner related help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+--- Thread: Freightliner Coronado Detroit swap (/showthread.php?tid=8697)

Pages: 1 2

Freightliner Coronado Detroit swap - Corzlot - 01-17-2023

This is my first time asking for help, I can usually find the information I need and figure it out, but my boss bought a very complicated truck. We bought, at an auction, a 2004 Coronado, which originally came with a c-15, but now has a 60 series Detroit. I do not know anything about the motor, as I. It has no serial tags left on it. The paperwork I got with the truck says it's a 14l that came out of a truck with a 12.7. very complicated. The problems I'm having are is I have slow throttle response, no power, and no Jake's, no cruise, and they wired the start to a push button. I have been working with my local shops, who have given me loads of useful information, but now I have gotten so far into it, they have not been much help. Some of my many questions are:
1. How do you wire up the idle validation? I have the correct sensor now, but no instructions on normally open or normally closed.
2. Is there a way to manually activate the Jake's to make sure they work?
3. I am looking for a diagram or even a listing of the circuits that come from the ECM, and where they go by pin numbers on both sides. I do have some of this information, but ran into dead ends without it.
I do not have a computer to hook up to it, and do not have access to one. I know that puts me very behind on repairs. But I would not want to have to pay for the shops to come hook it up just to chase ghosts at this moment. Thank you for any help.

RE: Freightliner Coronado Detroit swap - Bengy88 - 01-17-2023

Also the esn on a 60s detroit is stamped into a raised rectangle spot on the block right under the intake manifold

RE: Freightliner Coronado Detroit swap - Corzlot - 01-17-2023

I know that is where it is supposed to be, but it is nothing but rust. I have tried and tried to clean it to get legible letters or numbers, but nothing so far. It has made this project so much harder when I don't know what motor I am working with. But I do appreciate the reply.

RE: Freightliner Coronado Detroit swap - tree98 - 01-17-2023

(01-17-2023 )Corzlot Wrote:  I do not have a computer to hook up to it, and do not have access to one.

You might as well just go watch Gilligan's Island or something then.

RE: Freightliner Coronado Detroit swap - Corzlot - 01-17-2023

I've never needed a computer to fix anything I've worked on, unless it requires a reflash to get things to work again. I have found it is possible to trace everything somewhere. Not that I'm not willing to get one, but it's not my call. I'm not the owner of the truck. And it's not that I've only worked on old equipment. But, with correct diagrams, I can trace down where the faults are.

RE: Freightliner Coronado Detroit swap - tree98 - 01-17-2023

Without a computer you don't even know why the check engine light is on, much less do an engine swap and get the data network to work.

RE: Freightliner Coronado Detroit swap - Corzlot - 01-18-2023

Ok, let me clarify a few things.
1: what I have is an incomplete install that was thrown together for an auction. The people who installed the motor were not the ones who took out the other motor
2: this truck will have a computer put on it when the wiring is done, but not until then. I have wires that dead ends, and missing sensors, missing pins in plugs because this motor doesn't belong in this truck, and missing switches.
3: I do not have a computer or know a buddy that would let me borrow one, but before I call the job done, I will have my local shop hook it up.
4: what I am looking for is some sort of help finding a wiring diagram between the motor and cab so they can communicate properly.
5: my local dealer has helped, but will only give me information pertaining to any parts I buy, but no more.
I know I can do this with the information I need, but don't have. I have revived a sprayer with a "small engine fire" with wiring and hydraulic diagrams, and removed a computer on a cat skid steer because I had the diagram and found out what each function was. I do appreciate any information, even if it is little. And I can show/tell what I have for information and what I know I'm missing if that helps. I just don't want t this post to be too long.

RE: Freightliner Coronado Detroit swap - Bengy88 - 01-18-2023

(01-18-2023 )Corzlot Wrote:  Ok, let me clarify a few things.
1: what I have is an incomplete install that was thrown together for an auction. The people who installed the motor were not the ones who took out the other motor
2: this truck will have a computer put on it when the wiring is done, but not until then. I have wires that dead ends, and missing sensors, missing pins in plugs because this motor doesn't belong in this truck, and missing switches.
3: I do not have a computer or know a buddy that would let me borrow one, but before I call the job done, I will have my local shop hook it up.
4: what I am looking for is some sort of help finding a wiring diagram between the motor and cab so they can communicate properly.
5: my local dealer has helped, but will only give me information pertaining to any parts I buy, but no more.
I know I can do this with the information I need, but don't have. I have revived a sprayer with a "small engine fire" with wiring and hydraulic diagrams, and removed a computer on a cat skid steer because I had the diagram and found out what each function was. I do appreciate any information, even if it is little. And I can show/tell what I have for information and what I know I'm missing if that helps. I just don't want t this post to be too long.

Sending you some contact info. We have done these swaps but never in a Coronado. The easiest and fastest way will be to call kustom truck and have them build a harness…. Usually ranges in the $4.5-5000 range but it’s all plug and play. But I’ll do what I can to help you figure out your nightmare

RE: Freightliner Coronado Detroit swap - MommaBurt - 01-18-2023

Here are the pinouts that you need.

Yes, you can activate the jakes without the engine running with Diagnostic Link. You could also supply a voltage to the wire from the ecm connector to the jakes to see if you can hear the solenoid click. DDDL will also let you see if the switches are working. Based on your post it sounds like you have a switch or multiple switches not working.