Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Another day, Another bad delete... - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Another day, Another bad delete... (/showthread.php?tid=8745)

Another day, Another bad delete... - Rawze - 02-17-2023

Forum member 'RollinCoal' sent me a program from someone's truck today that was done a few days ago by a 'reputable shop' that is down the street from him.

The truck owner/driver said it ran wonky and something just wasn't right with it after having it done. Was hard to shift, it surged, etc.

Here is the program review...

* It looks like someone was trying to force the engine to use its A1 (Primary EGR+ engine operating mode) instead of the engine's non-egr operating mode (Chi4). It can be done with am ot of work, however, in this case, someone missed about 3/4 of al the settings that are needed to do this successfully.
- The engine will absolutely be unstable due to the lack of proper re-mapping. It will NOT stay in the operating mode that they are trying to make it stay in, and have engine and ghost turbo issues that come and go.

* It Looks like someone is also using the charge flow tables to control the turbo but is also overriding it with positioning tables too. It looks like they could not make up their mind what they wanted to do.. or do not known how to control the turbo very well. It is terrible to say the least.

* block fault tables are slap full of blocked codes instead of shutting things off properly.
|346 |285 |286 |1678 |1896 |4585 |1881 |4584 |2771 |4152
|4151 |6688 |3868 |6656 |2349 |3314 |3317 |3141 |3319 |2349
|2961 |4677 |4572 |1683 |5278 |3712 |3574 |1883 |3682 |4769
|1682 |6416 |3596 |3712 |2347 |4769 |3258 |4165 |4162 |5278
|5882 |3539 |3542 |0

* egr gas (fraction) manager is overridden but they went the wrong way with the adjustment. Someone set it to ask for 100% all egr gas instead of clean air.

* all of the NOx gas and other auxiliary emissions control is stall active. To make matters worse, it looks like someone also copied settings from a different engine on top of them too, instead of shutting them off.

* All ammonia requests and assumptions are all stil active. This, along with the still active NOx gas requests will screw with injection timing unpredictably and cause inefficient engine operations.

* looks like many of the settings/functionality in the urea (def fluid) supply module are still active and should not be.

* the injection timing is absolutely beyond horrible. Curves the wrong direction + has lots of issues being way off in the mid-band.

* The power/torque settings are beyond whacked into oblivion. The engine is set to try to make more than 950+ horsepower and 2580 ft.lbs of torque. The power/torque curve is also all over the place.. jumping wildly with rpm in places, and has been completely destroyed.
[attachment=8785]

-= All in all, this looks tried to copy-cat gearhead's work. gearhead is known for making engines run in A1 mode instead of the typical non-egr (mode4 for the ISX) and also using the charge flow tables (like seen in this program) to control the turbo, however, he is NOT known for blocking a bunch of fault codes like seen here. I am of the opinion that he did not make this program, but has an admirer that is trying very unsuccessfully to copy-cat his style of work out there.

All that I can say is that whoever did make this program, they need to know that it is absolute garbage, and they need some serious wake-up call on how to do things correctly instead of charging people $3500+ for this trash.

I.E.> This program is incredibly bad.
- This program will absolutely tear up this engine and will also be unstable.

Welcome to the bad delete club!.

RE: Another day, Another bad delete... - Ohdan0030 - 03-15-2023

I need a new program on mine anyone you recommend that can do it for me of course I'm asking to hire a tech not asking for anything for free 2011 isx deleted by a company a couple months ago but power seems worse than before just overall not great I guess

RE: Another day, Another bad delete... - Rawze - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023 )Ohdan0030 Wrote:  I need a new program on mine anyone you recommend that can do it for me of course I'm asking to hire a tech not asking for anything for free 2011 isx deleted by a company a couple months ago but power seems worse than before just overall not great I guess

I would suggest that instead of hiring someone, that you get an adapter and the software to copy the program out of that ecm yourself, and e-mail it to me for a proper review. -= Costs nothing if you copy the files in/out of your ecm yourself.

- and if you can learn how to copy it out.. then putting a corrected file back in is pretty much the same procedure.

.. or.. if ya just want to close your eyes and 'hire' someone ... then I would suggest you contact one of these guys...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8421&pid=72904#pid72904

RE: Another day, Another bad delete... - RollinCoal - 03-15-2023

I have a guy with caltr3m good clean copy I can get you in touch with to {get going} for you,
I can show you how to read and write to the ecm thats no problem

RE: Another day, Another bad delete... - Ohdan0030 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023 )RollinCoal Wrote:  I have a guy with caltr3m good clean copy I can get you in touch with to {get going} for you,
I can show you how to read and write to the ecm thats no problem
Ok how do I get ahold of you not sure what info I can give or receive here this is my first day on the site

RE: Another day, Another bad delete... - LoudOne - 04-16-2023

(03-15-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-15-2023 )Ohdan0030 Wrote:  I need a new program on mine anyone you recommend that can do it for me of course I'm asking to hire a tech not asking for anything for free 2011 isx deleted by a company a couple months ago but power seems worse than before just overall not great I guess

I would suggest that instead of hiring someone, that you get an adapter and the software to copy the program out of that ecm yourself, and e-mail it to me for a proper review. -= Costs nothing if you copy the files in/out of your ecm yourself.

- and if you can learn how to copy it out.. then putting a corrected file back in is pretty much the same procedure.

.. or.. if ya just want to close your eyes and 'hire' someone ... then I would suggest you contact one of these guys...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8421&pid=72904#pid72904

Thanks for the invite code, I'll pull my tune out when I get to michigan. Appreciate the help,