Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Water pump leaks from rear cover in low temps.Will repair kit fix it? - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Water pump leaks from rear cover in low temps.Will repair kit fix it? (/showthread.php?tid=8753)

Water pump leaks from rear cover in low temps.Will repair kit fix it? - Redland1 - 02-20-2023

My water pump is leaking when temps are in the teens and below.Will lose about a gallon in two days of low temps if the truck hasn’t moved.When the temps get back up into the 30’s it doesn’t leak.Looking at the minor repair kits like this one https://highwayandheavyparts.com/i-23901642-4090022-cummins-isx-qsx-water-pump-minor-repair-kit-snap-ring-impeller-cover-o-rings-new.html And wondering if it will fix it.Also what does it take to get to that back cover?

RE: Water pump leaks from rear cover in low temps.Will repair kit fix it? - tree98 - 02-21-2023

The pump unbolts from the front of the engine and pulls out of that piece that bolts to the side of the engine.

RE: Water pump leaks from rear cover in low temps.Will repair kit fix it? - hhow55 - 02-22-2023

No aftermarket parts, such as this for my truck.

RE: Water pump leaks from rear cover in low temps.Will repair kit fix it? - Redland1 - 02-23-2023

(02-22-2023 )hhow55 Wrote:  No aftermarket parts, such as this for my truck.

I’m not going to put on an aftermarket kit just put that one up for reference because it wa stage first one I found when doing a search.

RE: Water pump leaks from rear cover in low temps.Will repair kit fix it? - hhow55 - 02-23-2023

Have you checked to see if there is an updated oring forthe waterpump ?

RE: Water pump leaks from rear cover in low temps.Will repair kit fix it? - Redland1 - 02-26-2023

(02-23-2023 )hhow55 Wrote:  Have you checked to see if there is an updated oring forthe waterpump ?

Not yet.How do I go about checking that?

RE: Water pump leaks from rear cover in low temps.Will repair kit fix it? - tree98 - 02-26-2023

Quickserve and see if the part number has been superseded.

RE: Water pump leaks from rear cover in low temps.Will repair kit fix it? - Redland1 - 03-26-2023

Ended up just replacing the pump so I wouldn’t have to do it twice if the seals didn’t fix the leak.$90 vs $440.