Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker (/showthread.php?tid=8812)

Pages: 1 2 3

ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker - Ironwagons - 03-27-2023

Hello all,
I have a 2012 Freightshaker that I purchased de-mandated, knowing it had HUGE issues, but it was either fix it or chunk it out. It had the plethora of de-mandated issues. Turbo, signs of a lot of heat and a Christmas list of big rig Johnny's back yard truck repair invoices. So, the owner decided to dump it and this knuckle head enjoys a challenge and has decided to repair it.
I was going to RE-mandate it, but parts issues, trying to deal with the local stealerships, big red engine facility always knowing nothing else but trying to evacuate an unreasonable amount of cash from me. With that said it is staying the way it is.
Now shifting directions has caused some heart burn with the ECM. But I surmise there is someone on here that can help me out. When I do these repairs I replace the ECM, when ordered it is programed with what the truck was originally built with from the factory and the de-mandated one is returned for core. Now I am sure it is looking for all of the components that were taken when de-mandated. The old info that was in the old ecm was junk as I know the failures were related to the de-mandated files so if I were to get those they would be junk anyway. I am looking for someone to make a recommendation for a quality program that will not trash the engine, keep the truck at the 550hp 1850tq as it came from the factory and make a reliable truck that makes a little bit of money. I can ship the new ecm to someone, or what is recommended here by experienced talent that lies on this page. Also, this engine came with a Power Donkey Inc Diesel exhaust manifold and a BW turbo. So, I would need some thoughts on the proper turbo to match this engine (??Holset HX55 or HX60??) to pull this all into harmonious, symbiotic relationship that makes this wagon pull and eat as little of that evil fossil fuel as possible. This wagon will be hauling aggregate and will be grossing about 95 to 100k. This is my first red engine; all others are yellow, so the learning curve continues and let me know what I missed for needed information that would be needed. Thank you all for your time in advance.

RE: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker - tree98 - 03-27-2023

Well first your gonna need to tear that donkey dong manifold and other garbage off and throw it in the dumpster out back.

Then you need to put the correct holset VGT that's supposed to be on that engine back on it!! Then you'll be able to put a safe program in that ECM that works properly with the turbo. You can make way more than enough horsepower with the stock VGT, you don't need to go monkeying around changing turbo's.

And don't tell me the EGR cooler is gone and the coolant ports for it are blocked off ????? If that's the case you'll need one of those too. Otherwise your overheating the back 2 cylinder's (5,6) and putting a lot of undue stress on the water pump.

How many miles are on this engine and what's the rear end ratio?

RE: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker - Bengy88 - 03-27-2023

I just pmd you you can shoot me the esn and I’ll give you all the info to straighten it out

RE: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker - Ironwagons - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Well first your gonna need to tear that donkey dong manifold and other garbage off and throw it in the dumpster out back.

Then you need to put the correct holset VGT that's supposed to be on that engine back on it!! Then you'll be able to put a safe program in that ECM that works properly with the turbo. You can make way more than enough horsepower with the stock VGT, you don't need to go monkeying around changing turbo's.

And don't tell me the EGR cooler is gone and the coolant ports for it are blocked off ????? If that's the case you'll need one of those too. Otherwise your overheating the back 2 cylinder's (5,6) and putting a lot of undue stress on the water pump.

How many miles are on this engine and what's the rear end ratio?

Welp, the donkey dong was on it, that is how it was when I got the truck. Not monkeying around with turbos. It came with a borgwarner and I want it off of the truck.

Of course the water pump was plugged. The new water pump has the open port and I’ll look into getting coolant to the back 2 cylinders.

Not trying to make more hp just put back to OE hp and tq.

Zero miles on the engine I did an out of frame overhaul, replaced, head, fuel pump, oil cooler, injectors, water pump etc…

I believe the rear ratios are 4:10 I’ll verify tomorrow.

Thanks much!

RE: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker - tree98 - 03-28-2023

The correct holset turbo will not bolt up to that manifold.

RE: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker - Rawze - 03-28-2023

(03-27-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Well first your gonna need to tear that donkey dong manifold and other garbage off and throw it in the dumpster out back.

I laughed my arsse off when I read that.

sad part is that its true ... and an expensive endeavor to make one of these ISX engnes right again after such red-neck, back-woods, f#uckletarded mods have been done to it. .. What a shame.

RE: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker - Bengy88 - 03-28-2023

I text tree because that comment was so damn funny. Bad thing is yours was just as funny, f#ckletarded hahaha

RE: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker - Ironwagons - 03-30-2023

I have more high-quality repairs tricks learned by working on this one haha... The next Level f#$letarded haha...

RE: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker - Ironwagons - 04-05-2023

The Cummins stock exhaust manifold has the outlet on one end to go into the EGR system. I have metal coolant tubes from the water pump to the rear of the engine. If I purchase the opposite end without the outlet will the bolt patterns line up with the end that had the outlet? Thanks in advance