Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
CM2350 Coolant Drain - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: CM2350 Coolant Drain (/showthread.php?tid=8934)

CM2350 Coolant Drain - DPS567180 - 05-23-2023

Greetings all,
I have an ISX 15 cm 2350 I suspect the turbo to manifold gasket is bad or warped. So I plan on replacing it this weekend but I was wondering if I drain the coolant from the coolant filter will one 5 gallon bucket drained be enough to move the turbo and do what I need to do?[/size]

RE: CM2350 Coolant Drain - Rawze - 05-23-2023

nope. most of the coolant will have to go. Typically it is about 3, 5-gallon buckets worth usually (most all of it).

You will also need to pull a hard vacuum on the coolant system after filling it back up to burp it to.. or take a high chance of warping a liner.

That old idea of running it gently until the "thermostat opens" is not good enough a lot of the time.

RE: CM2350 Coolant Drain - SquareOne - 05-24-2023

Also, wouldn't be a bad idea to replace any old hoses (depending on age) while you have the coolant already drained out of it.

*BTW - If you do happen to pull that vacuum on the system like what is required, it is hard on older rubber. It will literally collapse many of the hoses flat when pulled to the proper amount of vacuum.