Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
2013 ISX 15 - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: 2013 ISX 15 (/showthread.php?tid=9672)

2013 ISX 15 - Nerv - 08-13-2024

Hello All,

Got a 2013 ISX 15 in my Kenworth t800, recently noticed small amounts of coolant coming out of the blow by tube. Told mechanics to drop pan and pressure test, instead they blocked the blowby tube and now the oil dip stick is measuring higher, basically saying that coolant is going into the oil, liner dropped or cylinder head issues.. noticed some black sludge ontop of oil fill cap, but thats about it.. truck used small amounts of coolant but there was external leaks at that time.. I dont want to jump to conclusions, any recommendations? 20psi overnight with the pan dropped should show me where its coming from?

RE: 2013 ISX 15 - tree98 - 08-13-2024

(08-13-2024 )Nerv Wrote:  20psi overnight with the pan dropped should show me where its coming from?

Yep, you might have to slowly bar it over while someone is under it looking and listening for gurgling sounds.

RE: 2013 ISX 15 - Rawze - 08-13-2024

(08-13-2024 )Nerv Wrote:  ... instead they blocked the blowby tube

BLOCKING OFF THE BLO-BY TUBE WILL ABSOLUTELY DESTROY THE ENGINE AND THE TURBO CHARGER very quickly!!!!

ANY AMOUNT OF CRANK CASE PRESSURE BUILDUP STARVES THE TOP END (CAMS, ETC.) OF THE ENGINE OF OIL, LEADING TO DESTROYED OVERHEAD CAMS !!!.

ANY AMOUNT OF CRANK CASE PRESSURE BUILDUP ALSO STARVES THE TURBOCHARGER OF OIL, DAMAGING IT, AND WILL ALSO CAUSES IT TO BLOW OUT ITS FACE SEALS AT SOME POINT TOO!

IF SOME COMPLETE UTTER DUMBARSSE OF A MECHANIC ACTUALLY DID THIS ... THEN RUN LIKE ALL H$@ELL AWAY FROM THEM AND UNBLOCK IT A.S.A.P!!!!!!!.

==========

also if you are getting any measurable amount of coolant in your oil.. then it is destroying the internals very, very quickly!!!... water/coolant in the oil pan is JUST ABUT THE SAME AS SAND OIN THE OIL!@!!. - you should not be driving it with coolant in the oil!... not even small amounts!@. IT WILL EAT THE BEARINGS RIGHT OUT OF IT, EAT EVERYTHING UP THAT MOVES AND REQUIRES LUBRICANT!!>.. DESTROYS EVERYTHING VERY QUICKLY BY DRIVING AROUND AN ENGINE WITH COOLANT IN THE OIL!!!.

RE: 2013 ISX 15 - Nerv - 08-13-2024

Truck is not being driven, I am taking it to someone else asap.. what could be issue if coolant id dripping out of the blow by tube? these idiots idea of a test was to block the blowby tube… they then proceeded to tell me that theres coolant in the oil… I cant say for sure if there is or not at this point, all i know is that it was dripping coolant out the blowby tube.. what are the possible causes of this?

RE: 2013 ISX 15 - Rawze - 08-14-2024

(08-13-2024 )Nerv Wrote:  Truck is not being driven, I am taking it to someone else asap.. what could be issue if coolant id dripping out of the blow by tube? these idiots idea of a test was to block the blowby tube… they then proceeded to tell me that theres coolant in the oil… I cant say for sure if there is or not at this point, all i know is that it was dripping coolant out the blowby tube.. what are the possible causes of this?

If coolant/moisture is coming from the blo-by tube then the oil pan needs to be removed and the coolant system pressure tested over night and the leak found!. Its simple as that.