Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
VGT to T6 manifold? - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: VGT to T6 manifold? (/showthread.php?tid=9688)

VGT to T6 manifold? - AlaskaW900 - 08-23-2024

I bought a truck that has been deleted and they deleted the VGT for some reason. This set up Jake's as hard as a nat fart. I want to get a stock VGT turbo re installed so that I can recover the full potential of the engine braking. Is it possible to connect the stock turbo to a T6 exhaust manifold with an adapter? I guess the only reason for asking is it'd save me from buying another exhaust manifold, assuming an adapter would be cheaper. I do realize I'd probably have to have someone re calibrate the ECM and would at this time also have it set back to stock HP settings. If I'm barking up the wrong tree with this thinking let me know. If I'm simply stuck buying oem manifold and turbo and all necessary part then so be it. Thanks for your help.

RE: VGT to T6 manifold? - tree98 - 08-23-2024

You'll need to buy an OEM exhaust manifold. You'll also need to copy the program out of your ECM for Rawze to look at because it's tearing the guts out of your engine as we speak.

RE: VGT to T6 manifold? - Rawze - 08-24-2024

What year make/model engine and truck?. Engine ser# (ESN#)?.

The absolute garbage, engine killing mods that people do to a $40,000+ commercial engine is beyond me. The VGT turbo is sued by the ecm to set the proper fuel-air-mix for the engine along with engine brake, etc. Removing it significantly shortens engine life and nothing runs quite right after that.

All stock parts need to go back on it.

Source the parts used, junk-yard, new,.. whatever you can cobble together.

Leads more questions of ...

* What was done with the EGR cooler?.

* What was done with the exhaust?.

* Other mods?. Block plates?. etc.

posting pictures will help.

-- And yeah ... the program has to be nothing but garbage as well. No one that knew how to re-program the ecm, who actually knew what they were doing, would even consider supporting putting a manual turbo on it. They would already know that it would shorten engine life by quite a lot.

Copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what some moron did in there. From that point, it can then be straightened out.